Audigy Troubles :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy Troubles :P

ok..this has probably been asked or resolved or whatever =)

but..im having serious problems here again ;o

I have just recently formated C:/ ( :p ) again...and re installed windows xp ...mind you that my audigy was working fine before.

Now..I went bout the routine of installing my card again ..and had installed the drivers from the installation cd..then rebooted.. I then proceeded to install the driver update from creative labs...only to get a message saying my card is not detected and that setup will quit now.

I have tried everything ..from taking out the card and putting it back...to reinstalling drivers and nothing...

any help GREATLY appreciated

thanx in advance

-Zion :D

Put the card back in the box, and return it :thumb:

Just kidding, try to get the most up-to-date drivers.
    BTW: does this sb card really slow down your system?

Comment

lol ..dont say that =o

actually no card when it WAS working didnt slow the system at
      all

Comment

thats good to hear :)

i still need to decide between this and the live platinum (which is getting very rare -- and i cant seem to find it anywhere)

Comment

I've havn't used that model yet but I read somewhere that with XP that ya get it to load the Live drivers 1st then update to the Audigy drivers after. If I come across the link again I'll post it. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hey zion, if you haven't tryed it out already -

1) Remove the audigy from the system
            2) Re-format the system
            3) Then install the audigy card and the drivers

or;

1) Remove the audigy from the system
            2) Re-format the system
            3) put you audigy back in and follow this guide: http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=255

I hope it'll work :)

Comment

Originally posted by akapaul
              thats good to hear :)

i still need to decide between this and the live platinum (which is getting very rare -- and i cant seem to find it anywhere)
              Try shentech.com or newegg.com they have 'em.: peace2:
              - Damien

Comment

i searched newegg but could not find the sblive platinum :?: how long ago did you see it? maybe i am looking wrong, or maybe they are out of it... if you find it can you PLEASE PLEASE post me a link? :cheers:

thanks

Comment

you are right there is no SBLive! plantinum only the 5.1 Dolby for 32 bucks...:mad: : peace2:

Anyways try this place its said they have it in stock... :thumb:
                  - Damien

Comment

I just got a call from my friend... he said there's 3 down at a local Best Buy :)

Anyways, what kind of Audigy do you have and how is it working for you? :)

Comment

Good deal at least you found it close by...my audigy is OEM dunno which one it is ...but its the Audigy Chip. It working like a beauty with EAX but the Live! has it so it no big deal.: peace2:
                      - Damien

Comment

Problem with following the article at tweaktown is that if he has a 5.1 sound system only 2 of the speakers will work and since you have none of the audigy software you can't change any of the settings for it.

I'm sorta SOL right now unless I can jack a cd from one of the boxes at work or burn a copy from a friend. No cd=no 5.1 sound for me.

Comment

You also need a digital input...on your speakers system...you prolly already knew that though...: peace2:
                          - Damien

Comment

im not reffering to dolby digital 5.1. When I mention 5.1 I mean in reference to just 5 speakers and a sub. For that you don't need a digital speaker system.

Comment

Very true...i thought you wanted the DD...forgive me for my mistake?
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X