Computer DJ'ing sound card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer DJ'ing sound card

I do the DJ'ing for my school for disco's and the like. Last year we had a student that had a $4000 system and now he has left so i have to use my computer now. I have a Creative Vibra128 sound-card but it just **** itself a few days ago so I am gettin a new sound card. I dont wanna spend too much money and plus i dont have much (hey, I'm only 13) so Im thinkin of a Creative soundblaster live 5.1
    Is that a good card just for playin some music and stuff and gaming? Also I have some really **** Crystal Audio onboard sound so if i could use that if i get a card in time. If ya card only has one output is there a splitter you can get so you can hook more than one set of speakers up (incase i have to use the onboard sound).
    What is a good DJ program to use (free) that i could d/l off imesh or sumthin?
    Thanks in advance,
    Gorilla-Monsoon

The Live will be good depending on ya system (some VIA chipsets setups don't like them) and I've just used Winamp to play music here at parties and a mic for PA use. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

How would DJ'ing on a PIII 800 with a 192 mb of ram run?

Comment

Hey I do it on my No.1 PC which is good enough for my backyard functions so you should have no probs. :smokin:

Comment

How about turtle beach. I never used them ut i know a man who had a bad ass system and dj'd with pc dlj in parties and uses Turtle Beach Sound Cards. Just a thought.:)
          - Damien

Comment

I think i will get the sound blaster live 5.1. wots the difference from the OEM version and the retail version apart from the $10 price difference. What im interested in is the output splitter so i can have more than one set of speakers. And any DJ programs?

Comment

OEM versions basically just come with a driver and no other software.
              As for adding extra speakers these links for speaker switches
              http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.fi...ogs/CTG0001339
              http://jaycarstore.webfactory.com.au/index15.ws4d

Comment

Thanks for those liks Wiggo but how do those splitters work and stuff. What extra software would some with the retail version of the soundcard?

Comment

The speaker switches work by just running the sound from the PC to the switch then just connecting the speakers to the switch. As for the software that ya don't get I'm not real sure as I havn't bought a retail pack for well over a year now as I just get the OEM packages. :smokin:

Comment

With the splitters that suited my needs they connected to the splitter by a bare wire. If all the speakers im using have a proper jack on the end. how could i connect them without cutting the end off?

Comment

You can buy the ends to plug the speakers into and add some cable (like speaker extension cables cut in half) and all the parts can be gotten from Jaycar, Dick Smiths, Tandy's, etc. . :smokin:

Comment

Thanks wiggo!

Comment

Working...
                        X