Eax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eax

Does my creative live player 5.1 support the "EAX" 3d sorround sound? When i try to activate the EAX option in sof2 the game goes to default driver instead, (direct sound). I haven't checked for any driver upgrades yet, i use the driver that came with the card. I wanted to ask you guys if the card supports it at all first...

:confused:

No wrong, when i apply the EAX option it goes to "non driver" mode... Direct sound is all i can use.

Comment

Surprisingly, the same thing happens to me when I try turn EAX on. Dunno why though...

Comment

Ask Creative then as EAX is their baby since the Live cards came out. ;)

Comment

That i'l do, wanna a bet they gonna blame the gamemanufacturer...? hehe

Comment

Only audigy cards support EAX 3D.

And to be honest, I do not know a single game that does. So at the moment there is nothing to worry about.

Beware that 3D EAX is not 3D audio.

:wave:

Comment

Counter-Strike supports it...and is sweet...you can tell where the direction of footsteps and gunshots are coming from...SWEET!:D
              - Damien

Comment

Yessir, positional audio is as much a boost to the gaming experience as 3D graphics
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

To fix the problem with Solider of Fortune 2, simply have a look on your 1st SoF2 CD, hidden away in one of the folders somewhere is a little program called OpenAL.. That'll fix everything up for you. ;)

Comment

Counter-Strike supports it...and is sweet...you can tell where the direction of footsteps and gunshots are coming from...SWEET!
                    Just about every FPS has supported it since Quake 1.
                    MOH:AA did a horrible job with stereo separation. Very frustrating not being able to tell where the sound came from.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul

Just about every FPS has supported it since Quake 1.
                      MOH:AA did a horrible job with stereo separation. Very frustrating not being able to tell where the sound came from.
                      I was just letting ZZILVER know that CS did...since he mentioned that he didn't know a single game that supported it...:)
                      - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco

I was just letting ZZILVER know that CS did...since he mentioned that he didn't know a single game that supported it...:)
                        Hey!
                        Its says NEWBIE TWEAKER,

I am just living up to the name

:laugh: :laugh:

(how do you center these smileys? :?:

Comment

I haven't mentioned anything negative...i was simply explaining zeradul why i mention the EAX support on CS...ideas are always welcome; i myself am wrong at times...no biggy...: peace2:
                          - Damien

Comment

Let me clarify a bit.

EAX is not what I was speaking of. Technically EAX is a technology only necessary if more than one person is listening to the sounds per each set of speakers.

What I mean is this. Everyone has two ears. No more, no less. Therefore, a good pair of headphones can recreate sounds coming from every direction that you can hear them coming from in real life.

EAX recreates sound effects for an entire 'field' in which people in that field (movie theatre) ALL hear the sounds moving around them. For one viewer, two speakers, in the form of headphones does the trick just as well IF the software/(sound source) has stereo separation. Something Quake 1 was the first to have, and most FPS's have had since.

EAX is great for DVD's. But for gaming it is only good for people without headphones, or those games that have multiple players per computer. Ask any gamer and they will tell you that headphones are as necessary as using the mouse.

Comment

Well....

I am just joking :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X