Clarion RT-9196I..... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarion RT-9196I..... help!

As you may be aware, my "new" car has no stereo unit. The antenna is there, the speakers are there but no stereo. I took the Clarion RT-9196I out of the Honda, had that installed in the early 90's sometime. After much ranting and raving, a mate and I got the 12V, Ground and Memory wires correct (the person who took the CD player out cut the wires too short) :flames:

But none of the speaker outputs work. Posting this from TAFE ATM, so does anyone know how to hook up car stereo systems? I tried going to Clarion's site..... but no use :(
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

http://www.hotrodding.org/audio1.html

that help?? other than that i dont have a car so i dont know why i am even reading this......

Comment

Thanks mate, a little help there :)

I just wish I could find the Clarion manual somewhere :(

Comment

hehehe RTFM :laugh:

clarion dont have manuals on their website?
        if not try calling them, they might have it somewhere, i know most computer manufacturers i deal wif have secret ftps with manuals and stuff ;)

Comment

Well, after no reply from Clarion, I decided to give them a call. Nice people, turns out the unit was an O.E.M. model designed for Mazda 626's. They wanted A$30 for a replacement manual, but told me most of what I wanted to know over the phone about the wiring configuration. The radio has an inbuilt 10W amplifier, the rear speakers in the Mazda 626's had a seperate amplifier, so I would be taking a risk hooking them up with the front speakers :(

I enlisted the help of a friend who is an electrical engineer, and together we spent a few hours finding out what all the pins on the back do (even got a backlight working I didn't know existed) :laugh:

Going to crimp the wires this week sometime using the proper tool, don't want a dodgy wiring job ;)

Comment

Working...
          X