Sound Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Card

I guess I could make this my "I am new" topic amoung other things, so hello.

I have a problem with my sound card, it is "null" and I don't know how to get it running. Also if someone could tell me how to check what type of SC I have because I haven't had sound for nearly two years and I forget what I have.

My system info:

WinXP HE
    SP2

P4
    2.60GHz
    512MB Ram
    Edit: Whoops, ment to post in Audio Forum
    Last edited by NapJason; 12-26-2004, 12:44 AM.

Re: Sound Card

I'll change the location.

Regarding your problem, first thing to figure out is whether the sound is onboard or added by means of a PCI card. If a motherboard, then let us know the name and model of the board and we can more than likely figure out the sound used. If a PCI card is used for sound, are there any marking on the card?

Once we know the type sound we're working with, we can start giving some guidance into what to do to try to get it working, but the first thing to do is double chack and make sure the speakers are attached in the proper ports as this is one of the most common mistakes when encountering sound problems.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

http://www.freshdevices.com/ contains a free utility called fresh diagnose and this can give you a list of much information from your computer system. It might be able to identify your card and will likely also be able to identify your motherboard as well if you are not sure what that is. if your sound is on-board sound then the motherboard number will be of great use.

Comment

This good?
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X