Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internal CD Burner/DVD burner with hardware CD-Audio Playback Controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal CD Burner/DVD burner with hardware CD-Audio Playback Controls?

Been looking around although feebly for a CD-Burner or even a DVD drive (preferably with Burner functionality) a bit better than the one I have but with hardware CD-Audio playback controls. The one I have currently is an ACER 40x CD-Reader (model#640A-172) with Digital Volume (v , ^), Play+Advance(> / >>|), and Stop ([]). Only Acer seems to have made drives with these options far as their CD-Readers were concerned as the 40x and 52x CD Readers have them...

Has anyone come across or seen any burners with these controls at all?

Been sticking to my 40x as it's generally quite nice to run CD-Audio directly off hardware regardless of being in an OS or Not (and without using any system resources) whatsoever but would like to consider any upgrade options without sacrificing these controls. I do have better drives (such as a CD burner, DVD RW/D-L burner, etc) but they have eject only and/or a potentiometer based volume control without any other options. I only have enough room for 1x 5.25" drive in this Ultra MicroFly SFF-Case as the other 5.25" bay is completely occupied by ziptied non-modular power cables else I would have had 2x CD Drives in there (or for kicks.. a 5.25" floppy drive).
    Last edited by Chozo4; 12-28-2012, 10:24 PM.
    PC: 'Scarab' - Model#'s+More
    ...Sometimes I'm scatterbrained and have trouble collecting my thoughts in a post.
Working...
X