Sony viao slow xp startup after HD died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony viao slow xp startup after HD died

Sony viao fs740. Bought in October. December, the 80gig hd dies without warning. Luckly I had restore disks. (sony doesn't send any setup disks)..

Reinstalled the restore disks.. All the junk sony puts on their system.. got it off.. Booted fine.. But somewhere along the way it just started acting like a slow slug. Don't know why. I waited till I had all the old stuff put back on, before allowing it to load up the anti-virus stuff. Then since then, the system has had an extreamly slow startup and it seems, slow CPU rates. Maybe its just me..

But a 3 min boot up time, to me seems a bit slow.. any suggestions?

Re: Sony viao slow xp startup after HD died

If all you had to do is use a restore disc then your harddrive didn't die. If your harddrive quit working you wouldn't be able to install anything to it, chances are that an operating system file became corrupt by a virus, spyware, or possibly from your system not being shut down properly, there are other possibilities but thats just a guess.
    I'm also guessing the reason your system seems slower than it was previously is becuase you have programs running in the background of your operating system. If your running Windows XP try clicking the start button and go to RUN, then type msconfig and hit enter, under the STARTUP tab disable everything and click apply. Reboot your system to see if that helps.
    Some other things you should do is run a good spyware removal program such as Spybot S&D on your system. Defrag your harddrive. Check your bios settings to make sure quick boot is enabled. Make sure your system drivers and software are up to date.
    Hopefully this will help.

Comment

Working...
    X