Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus or hardware failure?

Hi,
    I've been experincing this problem where my monitor keeps going on to standby mode and back to normal again repeatly.(is there such a virus that causes this? it will flicker alot before going to standby).This has already caused one of my monitor to spoil. So i tried it with another monitor which i just bought and the same thing happens.

The problem doesn't happen on a cyclic basis, but randomly. Sometimes it even causes my PC to reboot automatically without warning. Then while rebooting before windows even start loading, it will reboot again til have to switch it off manually.I've been using the PC for 4.5 years.

I tried letting my PC boot without the monitor and it will still restart it self automatically sometimes.

Is it possible that my system is infected with some kind of virus or some part of the hardware is faulty(which i suspect may be the power supply)?

I'm totally lost and don't know what to do now.
    Can someone please advise me?

Configuration
    i-cute power supply
    Pentium 4- 1.6A Gz with asus P4s533 mainboard
    Nividia Geforce4 ti4200

Re: Virus or hardware failure?

Random reboots are often heat related. Have you checked the fan on your video card to make sure it is still functional?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yes, the video card fan is working. Sometimes while watching video, the video image will turn dull colour. Then monitor will flicker then will go into standby and on repeatly. Thats how my monitor is spoilt.

Comment

Its the fault of the power supply. I've got it replaced and working as normal now :)

Comment

Working...
        X