Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the head honcho?s

Hey guys, just two things.

1 for the move of the servers, I have 10 MB's of unused earthlink.net webspace so if you want to put up a place holder during the move I would be most happen to loan you the space.
    (For free of course not a loan)

Also, you guys might remember/know that I am planning to build a computer in the near future. I was thinking of doing a 0-60 article about going from another OS to Windows and from being mainly a user to gain enough knowledge to put together and maintain my own computer.

I would include a list of articles and guides that I've used and/or read that are useful.

I would start with basic reading up, the hardware selection & shopping.

Original construction, adding all components, hardware tweaking, software tweaking and OCing and modding. And then modding it to be as silent as possible.

I would do bench marks all along the way to see what speed increase certain modifications bring.

It would be a multipart article done over consecutive weeks as I move along. The total cost for the computer will is currently budgeted at a little over $2000.

EDIT: Uh should this have been put in the suggestion box? Though it's kinda not a suggestion yet it is...

I think thats a good idea. I think if you send each installment to mr.tweak he'll put it on the site somewhere. Good luke with ure project.:thumb:

Comment

Thanxs! rugbydude.

But I don't know Mr. Tweaks e-mail address and his profile doesn't let you e-mail him.

It could be [email protected] but post this idea and see if they post or PM back.

Comment

I'm sure one of the moderators will let cameron know about ure idea mike.:thumb: It is such a good idea i doubt the'll turn u down.:cheers:

Comment

I guess as long as one of the articles doesn't get titled stupid things that will fry a computer and almost burn down one's house.
          :laugh:

Step 1: Notice that PSU is dirty.
          Step 2: Do not unplug
          Step 3: Bath time!
          Step 4: If you're still alive, run.

Comment

check the "Contact Us" page on the site for cam's email
            http://www.tweaktown.com/contact.php
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

: omg: : omg: : omg:
              : omg: : omg: : omg:

Comment

:laugh: :D :bounce: :wave: : peace2:

Comment

:D Hey Wiggo you realize this article wont be free. You'll have to help me! (That rhymes)

j/k-ing! :p

"But the IDE plug looks so big and the slot so small, are you sure I shouldn't use lubrication on it?"

:rofl:

Comment

Working...
                  X