X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the link about GAIN:
    http://webpdp.gator.com/gain/32/about-gain-01.html
    I don't have any GAIN software.

as I said I run spybot every day and I have a very clean PC.

I'm running the Pop-up blaster (freeware one) as recommended by dirtydog, and every time I open a new page on this site I get a "blocked" sound :mad:

Comment

This has got to be getting aggravating.
      If it were my system there would be foul-language and fur flying by now:laugh:

hmmm, check this link?

EDIT;
      this may be the better place to start:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Sunshine give POW! a go and see what ya think of a friendly pop-up killer. ;)

<center> </center>

Comment

Download it, use it -- or I will be forced to tell you again! :laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]
          lol remind me again, soon as my Alpha 8045 install turned
          major mod da box is no longer 2 box 'o parts...3 new blow holes
          & one mirror paint job(in&out)..........GGGGEEEEEEZZZZZZZ
          Can't leave for the few moments required ta make some pre-OC
          coolin' part inst'l without major post jumpin' off..........guess
          they just ain't no sleep in this boy's immediate future.
          i seriously have had no problem with pop-up/under ads on this
          or any other OC/Tweaker/Pro-active Metal band sites that i frequent more reg than i tweak my 2100+xp/MSI Kt3 Pro, soon
          to breathin' again, boxless rig. Use PopUpStopper when anywhere else. And i wouldn't do Kazza even if i weren't a musician; or AOL for that matter. Have had Spybot on MaxPC
          CD for couple months, but, no ISP till this Monday.
          However, before i return to re-building my orphans home....
          so that i might reclaim my sanctuary.....i will definitely run Spybot
          on this 3mo. old duron backup.....any Alpha Arctic3 layering tips?
          Y'all chill
          :zzz: Whilst i box da modz..gettin' to old for this catchup thang: peace:
          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

As to AS3 tips, just a very thin even layer across the top of the core spread w/ an old credit card is all ya need. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I guess I was getting a bit of the tunnel vision Sunshine, I apologize. I was on my anti-Gator stump when the answer was right in front of me.
              Had not realized the 48 hours was up:o

Seems a cookie will solve your problem;

check that link and you should see a solution.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thankz Wiggo, good luck with family and new home......
                :cry:
                Gawd told me he only had 2 choices, he could make the
                world either fair or round.......so just keep spinnin' till it stops.

going back to my cell to haze the Alpha HS surface and get back
                to my own Box..........By the way couldn't vote for some stupid
                problem with isp............sooooooooooo, brother man, just go with
                your heart and your head will follow........and i am a confirmed AMD for the future ........since 486 dx2.... kind o' man!!

long as ya don't count my pentium test beds and servers that are runnin' Linux...........seems it takes two sides to make Hole:thumb:
                Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

welll.......
                  just to let you know - apparantly, there are cookies in spy-bot that "manage" to check themselves as exclude
                  b*s***s.

to find them you have to go to SpyBot (doh, well obviously)
                  then to the "excludes" and then "cookies"

then check what is ticked and what isn't.

the ticked ones are the ones that won't be removed..... so I went through them all last night and unticked any I didn't recognise - especially those that have numbers as there web addresses.... on the grounds that I could always reactivate anything that I did need.

and that has got rid of all the nasty pop-ups! :thumb: :D :D

the panicware pop-up killer hasn't shouted once! :cheers:

Comment

Well done Sunshine
                    Glad to hear you got that worked out, and thanks so much for the tip!

I wonder if Spybot's creator has any documentation on these particularly tricky cookies:?:

Comment

Thanks for the link to spybot Mr. C! I found a lot of garbage that I hadn't known was on my system that Ad-aware had been missing.

I noticed that you lump kazzalite in with kazza ... why is that? I found no spyware/adware that was connected in any way with kazzalite. According to some forums it is possible to reinstall the original spyware in kazzalite by installing the "updates" that are available while connected to the "kazza network". Could it be that the spyware you associated with kazzalite was leftover from a previous install of kazza?
                      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

It's simple really, mess with my system once - get banished.
                        No parole programs are in place, only removal, restriction are valid to me.

Some programs carry "stub" files that enable a program to be reinstalled with no input necessary from the user:eek:
                        That's right, no need to choose an update - when they deem it convenient, they will do all the necessary work. In fact there is little you can do about it at all, except of course the trackdown and remove the stubs from your system.

Hec, if you are going to go to all that trouble, why have the program at all? Remove the whole thing seems reasonable in my book.

But of course, if you feel that Kazaa is an irreplacable tool with no valid substitutes available then you certainly do what feels right for you.
                        Lots of folks use it, no denying that.

Not me, I try to be cautious as to what I allow to enter my system. A bit of quick research showed me that KaZaa was not exactly my cup of tea, if you know what I mean.
                        Because lots of folks are in automobile accidents too, and I try to avoid that as well;)

Comment

LOL! Point taken.

The fact is that I share my 'puter and home with my 16 year old son and I'm prolly going to have some sort of p2p program on here one way or the other. I'm not real wild about the possible problems but Kazaalite seems to be the lesser of evils.

Just wanted to point out that it is possible to have Kazaalite without spyware/adware. I have had no problems whatsoever with it but will continue to monitor the situation..
                          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I can appreciate that, I'm just rather fortunate - I have 2 systems that I am the exclusive user and a 3rd that if I ever chose to use it, I would in essence be the sole participant.
                            The wife has little interest though a laptop is in her possession and set to her specific needs.

From what I gather about the age group your boy is in, KaZaa does provide a quick and effective method of obtaining the type of media he is likely to be interested in.

WinMX is more to my taste, though waiting times are long for some media. No problems for me, 5+ years of dial-up access have given me the opportunity to acquire a lot of patience.

The important thing is that you are not blind to the possibilities. So many folks download and install it without ever knowing what they are in for (referring to the full version here), then 2 weeks later they are wringing their hands and whining that their system is unruly.
                            There is some wonderful freeware available for the asking and there is also some trapdoors out there to fall through, a fellow has to be careful that's all.

I've just over time adopted a policy of extreme caution, a bit of research doesn't take long and it can really avoid anguish later.

I guess I just go with the adage "nothing is free" and am pleasantly surprised when I find something of merit that actually is free for the taking.

Comment

eek

p_dawg - I hope you regularly scan and clean out your PC then?! no knowing what kind of mess teenage boys leave behind!

(and no, I didnt mean the Kleenex type! :hammer: )

Comment

I think she means the pr0n cookies that have little "trackers". :D

Comment

Working...
                                X