Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes or No to pop-under advertising (cookie security discussi

~ Simply vote I AGREE or I DISAGREE ~

I AGREE = I DO NOT mind having pop-under advertising implemented into TweakTown

I DISAGREE = I DO mind having pop-under advertising implemented into TweakTown

This is your website as much as ours!

So do us a favour and help us make a decision - we will go with whatever the votes shows after two days.
    I AGREE
    0%
    I DISAGREE
    0%
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hey! I'm the first to vote Yes! Remember "Greed is good!" :devil:
    :-(

Comment

I AGREE
      as long as it only shows up on my task bar and appears once per 24hrs as stated.

Comment

Or Pop-under ads (same thing as far as I'm concerned) are not effective. Ads that are smaller and built-in to the website with the least amount of graphics and gifs are more effective and are way more likely to be clicked on. Eventually marketers will realize this....unfortunately, when they do, websites will start to almost confuse people with ads and content being very similar looking. But at least there will be fewer ads.
        And eventually they'll all goto text only...once they see how incredibly effective they are.

Comment

It's ok, as long as the ads do not open a second window when attempting to close them. Those multiple pop unders are a real pisser.

Also, none of the semi-invisible windows, the ones that you have to close all other windows in order to get to and some you just need to quite and restart.

Also, make sure they’re not too heavy. I've in broadband now, but it still pisses me off when I have to deal with a large add that even slightly slows things down. And nothing pisses a 56K user more then bandwidth hogging ads.

Also, (Not again!) make sure that the text in window before graphics are loaded is descriptive. There have been a hand full of times when I closed an ad just as the graphic appeared and as it closed realized I was interested.

In the end I agree with the above post. Small adds and adds in general that actually give some explanation as to where they lead have a higher chance in catching interested parties.

Sir talk a lot

Comment

Wait a sec,

all the votes so far are from newbies...

where are the long time pros who are going to flame our butts?

:snip:

Comment

I AGREE

Comment

If it's financially prudent, go for it .....there's always Popupstopper
                which is far more effective than the evil it fragz
                Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by negomike
                  Wait a sec,

all the votes so far are from newbies...

where are the long time pros who are going to flame our butts?

:snip:
                  :flames: :flames:

Happy now? :) Actually, the pop-ups around here don't seem to surface for me. As long as it's only 1, I don't see why it is a problem.

Comment

The votes are a lot closer than I would have expected them to be - but we still need more people to vote!
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

In an ideal world we wouldn't have any ads, but these ads mean, as Mr Tweak says, that TweakTown will be able to provide a better level of service and continue to grow.

So Popunder ads = more resources = better content

If you disagree with the ads, keep in mind that the content is free to you and has to be paid for somehow.
                      My Machine

Comment

First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Tweak for once again putting us folks first.

Not everyone would be so sensitive to the desires of a gang of misfits like those of us that gather at this fountain of knowlege.
                        You da' man Mr. Tweak

Now I must admit that I don't find pop-up/under ads to be very appealing - though on rarest of occasion they do actually hold content that is of interest to me, if so I click.

But the fact that Mr. Tweak finds enough merit in the prospect to consider it, indicates to me that perhaps he deems it desirable on a financial level.

Seems to be a fair appraisal on my part to say that I've probably burned up my fair share of bandwidth here at TweakTown - even my 2+kbs adds up over time.
                        If allowing the advertisers to utilize this tactic will enable Mr. Tweak to offset the costs incurred through operation of this site, then by all means give it a try and see if it helps.
                        I truly hope it will work out well for all of us if such a venture is implemented.

So go for it Mr. Tweak, and I'll do my very best to keep looking at the positive side of things here at my online home away from home.

I guess no one will know exactly how this will turn out until we give it a try -- I'm up willing to give it a fair chance for both our sakes
                        :cheers:
                        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I do my best Mr.C

Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

wings: all newbies face Mecca and bow to thy king.......
                            praise Allah the Jihad has begun....:cheers:
                            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                              wings: all newbies face Mecca and bow to thy king.......
                              praise Allah the Jihad has begun....:cheers:

Message by proxy:

Thanks
                              :flames:

Comment

Working...
                              X