Suggestion for CD-ROM and Burner Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for CD-ROM and Burner Reviews

It is importent to me to see results of DAE performance. This was not covered in the review of the Lite-on 52x burner. I've often seen these cheap burners and while some of them offer decent DAE, I've seen many that struggle to do 1x or 2x. Also, 15% cpu utilization may seem like it's good when capared with other IDE burners but it's absolute crap when compared to SCSI (my scsi plextor 820 hardly even touches the CPU whilst burning). There should at least be a sentence that says as much, especialy with a lead on such as, "We definitely like things to be fast and up-to-date around here.... ...I think I was born with this hungry and often expensive desire, anyway." If cost is of little or no object then scsi can not be beaten by IDE.

My LiteOn 48/12/48 only takes 2mins to burn a full CD (4mins for a Clone). I'll take the savin's over SCSI and buy more blanks to burn thanx. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

That's actually a good suggestion. Tweak, remember that for next time. :)

As for the DAE of the LiteOn burners, it is actually pretty impressive. I've only got a 40x LiteOn myself, but the ripping speed for that (shown in Musicmatch Jukebox, so not the most accurate test, but still a number) usually hovers around the 20x mark.

SCSI burners aren't really an option for most 'average' people, as it involves more buying in the form of a SCSI controller, setting up and so on, whereas an IDE drive can simply be thrown in and used.

Comment

Here are some 48x Lite-On results for Nero CDDAE. The 52x will only give you a few seconds faster audio extraction than this:

Comment

Originally posted by Acid
          Here are some 48x Lite-On results for Nero CDDAE. The 52x will only give you a few seconds faster audio extraction than this:
          Wow, I have to say I'm totaly impressed by that!

~Jason

Comment

Working...
          X