Intel Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC 2GB Windows 8.1 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC 2GB Windows 8.1 Review

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Intel Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC 2GB Windows 8.1 Review"

Re: Intel Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC 2GB Windows 8.1 Review

Nice review, devices like this are the future of computing, or at least in the shorter term the dedicated "engines" for specific tasks.

The benchmark comparisons don't mean much to me, since I am not familiar with any of the devices listed besides the i7-4770K Desktop PC.

About the 2GB of Samsung DDR3 memory, is SKhynix now owned by Samsung? The pictures show SKhynix memory chips.

Ironic that an Intel device like this uses Samsung eMMC drive and Realtek WiFi adapter chips.

The "BIOS" is simple but it looks like it is UEFI booting Windows 8.1 32 bit! Is the interface Legacy but the firmware UEFI? I see Secure Boot is an option, but no CSM option visible. Later in the article the firmware is called UEFI, which I imagine it must be.

Yes, 23GB of free space is not much, but I can imagine a small 64GB USB flash drive in the USB port (which is USB 2.0?)

IMO, some subjective comments on the graphics capabilities and resolutions supported would be nice.

Comment

Working...
    X