No announcement yet.

please get rid of the pop-ups on tweaktown !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please get rid of the pop-ups on tweaktown !!!

your webiste is pissing me off with all the damn pop-ups, whats with this ****?

if people want hits, tell them to build a better website or sell something people actually want.

or are you getting paid each time one of these ****s pop up?

Better yet dude........Just get a popup killer or a good firewall and voila.........no more popups!! :D

Comment

Moving to Publication Discussion...

Also, we've had this topic before, if you had cared to look. It seems to be that random people get the pop-ups, where as others don't. And as its only one window, I think you can live with it.

Comment

i only get one popup on tweaktown
        what are you *****ing about?
        try some xxx for popups:D

Comment

Most ppl gettin' these pop-ups are only gettin' them due to their ISP connections but here is a good killer and it's free too. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I deleted my cache and cookies this AM.
            When I got here afterwards I was getting stroked on every page-view.
            But once my cookie got baked all is back to normal - once per 24 hours as prescribed.

As Wiggo stated, some ISP's can cause this. For other folks all you need to do is take the cookie.

Free cookies and all kinds of PC stuff! I think I'm in heaven:thumb:
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

POW from AnalogX is a great popup killer, I havent seen a TT popup for at least a month.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...etwork/pow.htm

Comment

Sorry WIGGO, I didnt click on your link to see where it went, until after I made my post.

Comment

I don't use any popup software, and I get zero popups in Tweaktown. Either my browser is too old, or it's the ISPs doing it. I'm on SBC Ameritech dsl with Netscape 4.79.

Comment

heh I'll get ONE pop up once in a while. And I do mean once in a while like maybe every couple days that "access your PC away from home" lol it doesn't bother me. Cause if I'm clicking away at tweaktown It'll be come the active window and hide the other one away. And if not I just that big fat X in the upper right. *Poof* the ad dissappeared. Amazing huh?

Comment

ReSpAwN DeMoN

Magic! COOL!!!

Can you do any tricks with ...oh...say white tigers too?

Comment

Or as an alternative. Both Mozilla & Opera have built - in popup killers right in the browser.

Comment

Working...
                        X