This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting

As an editor on a hardware site I have to say I find the latest article damn disgusting - "Windows XP SP1 – Updating Tips ‘n’ Tricks" considering it comes from a semi "legit" site. No doubt it also brings the reputation of those associated with the site into disrepute also (both staff & other sites which link to this site).

What's next?? "Begineers guide to warez" - Where to go & what utilities you'll need.

Though I agree and halfway question the motive behind the article...I still support them for posting it. That, my friends, is what the internet is all about, posting information for all to see, whether it be for the good or the bad. I use legit XP, as well as most everyone that uses it, but as with everything there are those that will pirate it, and if that's what they want to do, they'll do it with or without tips handed to them from here. I say: better TweakTown got to it first, maybe garner them a little extra traffic, rather than just have this be some inner-circle B.S. that's only kept underground. That is journalistic integrity: delivering the truth; and that's what was done, end of story.

Comment

If they had "integrity" they wouldn't have posted it & beyond some hits there's little point. Nifty way to kill off hardware/software sponsors though. While I'm all for the truth, posting information & all that there's a certain line to that. This is the line of a warez site ;)

Comment

Hey there Techspot Thomas... Haven't seen you here in a while. You've made a new account and all. Not having troubles anymore I see?

Currently there's over 10,000 people viewing that review alone (and the servers are struggling with it too). Now if this was something the people didn't want to hear, they wouldn't come, would they? People WANT to know about this kind of stuff. Sure, it's bordering on legitimate grounds, but so does a lot of stuff in the computer industry. You see people breaking NDA's, leaked drivers that shouldn't be out... and so on. I fail to see how this is vastly different to all that. And no, this isn't simply some ploy to get some more hits. I can't say I'd write a review knowing that it would cripple my servers for a couple days due to the enormous amount of traffic generated.

I like how you've suddenly turned us into a warez site, for simply writing one risky article. That's class. Also, you mentioned how people's reputations who are associated with this site will be bought into disrepute. Oh, I didn't realise. Then why are people posting links to the review? Oh. They want to get nasty reputations as well. Or maybe they simply want to pass on to their viewers something that may interest them.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and yet again you do have some valid points, if you aren't actually willing to listen to anybody else's opinion, then there's really no place for you in a forum. I'm willing to sit here and try have a civil conversation with you though.

Comment

Well said BEEFY. People do want to have that info. My XP is legit but I am still very interested. I wondered what was causing the servers to hiccup. You certainly have excised threads in the past that went over the line, and I have no problem with Tweaktown's integrity.

Comment

Well, well, Thomas is back with us yet again. And let me guess, he would be trying once more to spread hate and discontent within our little community? Go figure.

Thomas,
            We have had little discussions before and I have pointed out several times the error of your fraudulent claims. Though I cannot fathom where your hatred of TweakTown began, I can say that I have seen you do your utmost to try to tarnish the name of our site. I do wonder, however, why one such as yourself, who despises us so much, would spend such a large amount of time reading our content.

Though this response may seem tacky, I must ask that you do something like finding a life of your own -- so that you can stay the Hell out of ours. :thumbs do
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but on rare occasions Thomas actually has had valid points. But then again, his method of delivery leaves a lot to be desired.

Just trying to keep things fair here...

Comment

TS whats up your (_?_)

have a look around the net.....see whats really out there

Comment

Hey Thomas! :wave:

I will not even bother thinking of a response when I have peers here who voice my exact same opinion.
                  Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Regardless it's still the wrong thing to do. Even the title is misleading due to the illegitimate nature of the content "XP SP1 – Updating Tips ‘n’ Tricks". Why isn't it named what it is even? "XP SP1 – Updating for warezed versions"

Darth get over yourself. I'd be posting this regardless of what site posted it, I've pointed out errors to many sites on multiple things. It is not my fault if you do not fix such errors. Not that no-one every really even bothered replying with how its a worthwhile post beyond warezers needing to know the info. As I said it's brings hardware sites in general into disrepute. It's warez info & should be left at such sites.

Oh & as regards factual error - XP SP1 does not include Windows Media Player 9. I severely doubt this will be corrected in the "guide" though.

Comment

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
                      Oh & as regards factual error - XP SP1 does not include Windows Media Player 9. I severely doubt this will be corrected in the "guide" though.
                      For your information Thomas my good friend, Windows Media Player 9 will be part of the proper Service Pack Microsoft release on the 9th.
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                        For your information Thomas my good friend, Windows Media Player 9 will be part of the proper Service Pack Microsoft release on the 9th.
                        Considering Windows Media Player 9 was only released in BETA format today for Windows XP, 98SE, Me & 2000 I don't really see how this can be the case;
                        http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp

I severely doubt Microsoft programmers & testing procedures have improved to the point where they can go from a beta to official release in.... 4 days.
                        Think about it a bit. XP SP1 is finished. That means WMP9 must therefore be also. If it is finished then why release a beta version for XP 4 days before widespread public release.

Comment

Only time will tell.
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Does this guy like the sound of his typing or what? Life must be sooooo......... boring if all you got to do with your time is pick.

Get a life, you might find it exciting, or maybe you just like making an ass out of yourself.
                            My opinion of you,TS | Thomas is very low (gutter level).
                            No matter what you say about Tweak, Darth or anyone else around here, they are very highly rated in my opinion compared to you.

Comment

I find that accumulating new knowledge and information is a fun pasttime, regardless of whether I ever put it practical use myself. I read the article. Am I going to use the trick? No! I have also read about atomic bombs, Roman military tactics, the history of firearms, boobytraps, etc.. Will I personally utilize this knowledge? I doubt it. (Unless Congress authorizes the RIAA to raise regiments Stormtroopers who want to kick in my door looking for mp3s!) Information itself is not evil, though some can be put to evil uses. Do you burn books too?

Comment

Working...
                              X