No announcement yet.

Weekly Giveaway – GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo (AMD 785G chipset)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weekly Giveaway – GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo (AMD 785G chipset)

My wife is always hogging my computer to do her facebook thing because her computer is a 10yr old POS. I would use that motherboard to build her a computer so i can get my game time back.

Comment

You need a reason, you got it!!!
      Whoa look at that board- she's way too good to be used for htpc!!!
      Even better there's a chance for me to get SOMETHING for free.
      I got this news of this generous deed via FB, so I couldn't stop myself to join tweaktown-ASAP!!!!
      Whether recession or economic boom- I worked my arse off for my hardware!!
      I've worked hard for my hardware- been a tech support for a long time that I couldn't bear and I have worked all day long without sleep which I wouldn't usually dare and experiences with customers that I really wouldn't exactly like to share.
      I've used the humble second hand amd opteron 165 denmark core to the glorious 2.8ghz on my former loyal a8n sli!!
      Sadly the system died and now I heart for an AMD rig- the thought becomes stronger as the days go by!!
      As Paulo Coelho once said," When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it!"
      50 bucks says- this could be it if its a hit!
      I could blame it on recession or I could blame it on my dead system!
      But how can you express a reason to owe something fantastic- Understand where I am coming from.
      So whatcha lookin' at? Give it to me Tom :p
      I aint a real hardware enthusiast yet but I have the zeal to be one!
      I'll slap in a proccy, some rams and tweak it and give it a good run.
      Put out the scores just for fun.
      Please make me feel like a million bucks and a king with a golden crown-
      If I get this- I always say it pride that I got this from Gigabyte and the credits goes tto the famous Tweak town :D
      Last edited by The Sorcerer; 08-08-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I would pair it with a PhenomII x2 550, since it has the SB710 i will try to unlock the extra 2 core.

Comment

My friend has been kind enough to let me borrow his desktop, since I dismantled my laptop during a fatal quest to upgrade components. The old notebook is kaputz, a victim of my obsession with computer hardware. This obsession developed mostly through my attempts to play Morrowind smooth and stable.

I have been pining ever since to build my very first desktop computer. The 785G chipset would be an excellent basis for the project. The integrated graphics would allow me to delay the purchase of discrete graphics cards. My financial situation is less than ideal, and the option to go with integrated graphics along with the value that AMD offers is wonderful. Not to mention, I would really like to give my friend his computer back, because I'm not someone who likes to hold on to things that are not mine.

I'm not sure what processor I would go with - perhaps a 720 BE. I've got ideas for the other components, but nothing definite; that's the joy of system building!

Comment

I Would use it to see how good AMD`s are. Havent overclocked a AMD in at least 3 years and would like to see how the new CPU`s run. It would be a flash from the past. Maybe try some Dry ICE
            Last edited by jonathankru; 08-08-2009, 02:53 PM.
            Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz+HT 1.36V / Gigabyte EX58-UD4P / G-Skill 3x2 gig DDR 2133 PERFECT STORM / MSI 5870 1GIG / Corsair HX1000 Watt/ CM Stacker 830 /
            Cooled By: Swiftech Apogee GTZ /Swiftech MCR-320 /1/2" ID Feser Flexible PVC Tubing /Swiftech MICRO Rev2 Reservoir /Swiftech MCP655 variable/Thermalright HR-05-ifx

Comment

Becoming a hardcore Intel CPU Fan and Enthusiast since the debut of the Intel Core 2 Duo’s then the Core 2 Quad’s, I was hooked on the Q6600 from the get-go then a month after buying the Q6600 I just had to have the QX6700 and could have cared less back then about the ridiculous high price because it was in fact the monster all the reviews advised it was back in the day “and still is today as far as I'm concerned” and I still use my QX6700 in a backup, test rig and it will clock and bench right up there with the Q9650 almost any day of the week in my humble opinion with the exception, the Q9650 with the 12MB cache will run CAD plus multitask a little smoother and run a few degrees cooler but still, I love-em both! Anyway, earlier this year the AMD Phenom II X4's caught my attention and finally I had an opportunity to build an AMD, Phenom II, 955 BE, CorssfireX Rig for a friend just last month which was also my opportunity to tryout the Phenom II 955 BE and even at stock speed, I couldn’t believe the power and the smooth running of the build and even on XP Professional. I loved it and thought it may be time to go back to AMD! Gaming with the Phenom II X4 955 BE was exciting, multitasking was totally impressive and overclocking the 955 “easily to 4GHz”, running at a steady 60c on air totally blew me away!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
              This was the first time I was impressed by any rig “over my own setup” and my Q9650 rig is a tough rig to topple but I believe the Phenom II X4, 955 BE was more impressive on an overall scale and I never thought I would ever be saying anything could better the Intel C2Q’s and, I immediately wanted one! So, I have decided to patiently wait for the AMD Phenom II X4, 965 Black Edition for my new work/play machine and I also believe the 965 along with the GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H would be the perfect combination for CAD and my daily graphic design work routine plus an occasional “twisting up the clock speed” to play a game or run a benchmark so with that, I would love to have the Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H motherboard for a new and much needed AMD Rig!

Comment

This will defintely be used to upgrade my gaming computer.

Comment

if i win this motherboard i will pair it up with a athlon II and use it as a 24/7 folding rig for research.

Comment

Well my wife needs a new computer so....

I'd give her my current one so that I can build a killer desktop based on this board :)

Comment

i would use it to build a computer of my own that i could put in my man cave. the kids family could have my present one which i have not touched in days as they are always on it
                      Motherboard-- GA-MS790GP-UD4h
                      CPU-- X3 720BE running at 3.4ghz at 1.3v
                      memory--OCZ 4gig ddr2 OCZ10664GK running at 800mhz
                      GPU--EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
                      PSU--OCZ 700 ModXStream Pro
                      HDDS-- 2 SATA AND 1 IDE
                      DVD-- 2 SATA DRIVES
                      WATERCOOLED CPU AND GPU

Comment

I would build a new machine with it.

Comment

I'm feeling lucky, and my DFI LanpartyII Ultra just died. Big Bucks! No WHAMMIES!

Comment

I would build a pure AMD/ATI autoCAD workstation and gaming rig around it. Winning this would be good for my economy, education and entertainment! ;)

Comment

I would use this in a new PC build as I am on a fixed Income (social Security Disability)and the Economy isnt the greatest right now.

Comment

I've been wanting to build a media PC w/ integrated gpu for my retired parents, this would be a good start to getting them a PC from this century :)

Comment

Working...
                                X