ATI Catalyst 9.5 Vista Driver Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Catalyst 9.5 Vista Driver Analysis

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "ATI Catalyst 9.5 Vista Driver Analysis"

Re: ATI Catalyst 9.5 Vista Driver Analysis

Thanks for that review.

There is a dedicated driver team that works on Crossfire for ATI cards. Every other driver release shows a few crossfire improvements.

Would really appreciate if you could bung two 4850 cards together and publish results for scaling on 9.4 and 9.5.

Thanks!

Comment

Drivers are now ready to download from official AMD site.

Comment

Looking at the benches, the 9.5 sucks rocks if you are using a 4850. I wonder if that also affects the 4850 x2. I've been nVidia since the days of the 4400 and I can't remember the 5th or 6th version of drivers that dropped performance in half. So far, I have to say ATI sucks at developing drivers. It looks like this series was for the new cards and QA didn't bother to test them out on anything less than a 4870. ATI's drivers are starting to remind me of the Star Trek movies - the even numbered movies rocked and the odd numbered ones sucked. Guess I'll wait for 9.6. I say that because I play a lot of LOTRO and so far 9.1 thru 9.4 causes graphic glitches at some point in a gaming session. It's not hear either since this has happened since I bought the card. It's water cooled now and temps are roughly 25 to 40 F lower under max load than the original card was at idle. Under max load using FurMark it barely hits 40C.

Comment

These drivers work great on my hd4850 in xp and win 7 no performance decrease for me, it must just be the vista drivers that have a performance decrease. I used to like it when you guys tested in xp along with vista but it's all vista now, I would test in vista to compare results but I formatted it to install 7.

Comment

I had to install the Omega drivers to get Spore to run on my x1650 Pro... will 9.5 work for me or do I keep the Omega...

Comment

WOW, amazing how fast a thread goes dead.... I still would like to know if anyone can confirm that the new Catalyst is Spore friendly, and x11650 friendly too, for that matter.

Comment

Working...
              X