Thermaltake ISGC-300 CPU Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake ISGC-300 CPU Cooler

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Thermaltake ISGC-300 CPU Cooler"

Re: Thermaltake ISGC-300 CPU Cooler

Firstly, do you not think the Thermal Resistance should play a rather larger part in the selling point of great heat sink design? If there is no spec on this, then why even buy it. Second, the copper base plate is not flat and level, as you have pointed out, as in, "but as you can see there are slight imperfections in the base", which tells the true and much different story on the thermal Res and heat transfer. So who cares about the so called mirror finish if the CPU is still overheating due in part of insufficient surface contact; one must not rely on thermal paste by itself to transfer heat, it too has thermal resistance and adds with thickness applied because of poorly design surface contact plates. We need to support Users with important facts, and not just show a new paint job covering, What.
    Then again, what the heck would I know, when its cheap, everyone buys it…

Comment

I'm going to try and break this down as I see what you are asking.

First, the Thermal Resistance numbers were not available to me, and I really feel in the end if the cooler can't do well on the T.E.C.C., who cares its resistance. It either performs well or doesn't do so in my mind.

The base being flat or level has also nothing to do with the finish of the material at hand. Trueness is tested against the flat edge of a razor blade, and I look for gaps where light passes. It can still be flat and true, and have a piss poor finish. At least that is my take.

The contact of this specific cooler on the base was good, IMHO it was the fault of low CFM fans that couldn't handle the load our T.E.C.C. puts to the coolers.

I do agree though that when the information is easily at hand, I should present them in a more meaningful fashion.

To summarize, yes in most shops around the world, shiny is king, as enthusiasts are truely small in numbers in the larger scope of buyers.

Comment

I'm a little late responding but thanks for the responds

Comment

Working...
        X