SilverStone RAVEN SST-RV01B-W Full Tower Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverStone RAVEN SST-RV01B-W Full Tower Case

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "SilverStone RAVEN SST-RV01B-W Full Tower Case"

Re: SilverStone RAVEN SST-RV01B-W Full Tower Case

I really like the idea of spinning the mother board to exhaust up, and I've always liked the idea of mounting the PSU in the bottom of the case. And the case looks really nice.

That being said, I'd still never dish out $250 for this case. And it weighs 15kg's (33 pounds) empty?! Forget it. I'll stick with my aluminum cases that cost me $50 and $85. Atleast I won't get a hernia from moving them when I wanna vacuum behind them.

Comment

Comment

I like the look of the case and the concept behind it but i do think the review fell down on an important area. The concept of this case is a new method of dissipating heat yet no thermal information was given in the review for how well this case deals with heat. Include that and give some comparisons to existing cases and the we might have a winner :).

Comment

Originally posted by Rasax View Post
          I like the look of the case and the concept behind it but i do think the review fell down on an important area. The concept of this case is a new method of dissipating heat yet no thermal information was given in the review for how well this case deals with heat. Include that and give some comparisons to existing cases and the we might have a winner :).

It wasn't overlooked, there just isn't that much to say about it. In my situation with a 4.5GHz E8600 and folding my GTX280 it made little if any difference in load temps. Just that the flow is more natural. In my time even after the review with this case, the temps are within a degree or two of my Xclio 1000 Super Tower. Considering both cases sell around the same price point, SilverStone sells a much better product for the dollar in my opinion.

There is one thing I have to take care of to complete my testing. I'm still waiting on my 8-pin CPU power extention, as my PSU fan is fighting the bottom left case fan. Once the PSU fan can be set at the bottom, I can tell if it is the low speed fans they chose, or if my PSU is starving the case for air.
          Last edited by chad_sebring; 04-10-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

So basically it is nothing better then what we can already buy thats what i was looking for to be honest :).

Comment

Until I can get the fans to quit fighting each other, my thoughts are still reserved. Even though the temps are not better for me, what sold me was the cleanliness of the finished installed product, and the solid construction. These two, above the layout and outer theme. Is it worth $250? That is your choice. For me, I am always up to trying something different, which this case is exactly that. Give me a few days, as the power extention is being delivered in the beginning of the week, and I will for sure give my final thoughts on the temps. Right now I am killing one side of the cooling in my opinion, so to be fair I need to get the PSU flipped before I am more conclusive.

Comment

Working...
              X