GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P Motherboard - Exclusive Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P Motherboard - Exclusive Review

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P Motherboard - Exclusive Review"

Re: GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P Motherboard - Exclusive Review

looks like a sweet mobo... good stable OCing platform... i'd like to see how it handles quad core tho

Comment

Cam, Did you test S3 on this board in your testing? If not, do you still have the board, and if so can you please test S3 when you have time?

The S3 posts for these models are already starting, I have seen two but not sure if they are actual BIOS issues or user settings. So I just wanted to see if you had checked it out or not

Thanks

Comment

Phew! Activation email goes directly into my spam folder but "Thanks for adding me!" Tweaktown! So here's my first post.

After reading your review on this board, I can't help but still looking at the board used as comparison GA-P45 Extreme and think as both as the same, performance wise. UD3 is not much ahead but if TT (Tweaktown) can compare it to other 'not-so extreme' P45 MB then maybe I can see the light.

The most I wanted from this UD3 is the heat 'management'. From chart posted Im seeing 2-3 degree diff and that 10 degree less claim made TT reviewer. Again, not much but taking consideration that P45 Extreme board itself got a good heat management system, UD3 will perform better compared to lesser board.

I like the board layout and having TT said it's hassle-free to install a third-party gadget, Im assured this is a good board. I did "whoaa" to 558Mhz setting.

Overall, since I think TT folks has good relationship with Gigabyte, then, please send them my pre-mature congratulation.

P/S: Maybe TT can try some Crossfire review if not the possibility of X2.

"If Andes is just a grain then take my words with it"

Comment

hi great review , i want to ask about one question , i bought it from 2 days nd i want to overclocking it , here is my component
          cpu q6600
          vga xfx geforce 9800 gt
          ram khx8500d2k2/2g (2 kits )
          ps 700w
          i can use same settings or u recommend for me another settings

Comment

Please feel free to make a thread in the gigabyte section and I will help you out tonight when I get back in

Comment

aloha! great review... i am ordering this board as soon as newegg gets it back in stock.

Lian Li Case PC-K10B case
              HIS Hightech Raedon HD 2600XT 512MB PCI 2.0
              (2)G.SKILL PI Black (2x2Gb) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
              GA-EP45-UD3P
              Q6600 C2Q
              PSU = Undecided as of yet.
              Cant wait to get it all going. Going to be using it as a HTPC basically.

I did notice that the review said on the specs page that it could support 8gb RAM but the NewEgg specs and I believe the manual shows 16gb, can you let us know which is correct (I assume its 16gb).

Thanks again for the detailed review. Made my decision easy! ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X