MSI Radeon HD 3870 X2 OC Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI Radeon HD 3870 X2 OC Graphics Card

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "MSI Radeon HD 3870 X2 OC Graphics Card"

Re: MSI Radeon HD 3870 X2 OC Graphics Card

No offence, but your numbers look a little off (low) compared to the online reviews of the HD3870 X2.

Maybe you should take another week to re-affirm your results?

Also, how come you didn't include the 8800 ULTRA in your tests?

Comment

/yay I can finally post after 5 hours.. Just wanted to let you know and I agree with the above poster something is wrong with your numbers.. Id almost even say crossfire wasnt even on. Id double check if i were you.

Comment

Think first before typing and look closely at the review - Crossfire was enabled, that's the first thing we checked.

We are using the older driver but we will do a follow-up with the new driver on the 28th when it comes out.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Think First ? Yes I read the review and yes I got the picture you enabled cross fire.. however there is still something wrong with your numbers.. Just a suggestion to check them over. If you dont want to then thats ok with me, its your site do whatever you want. On a side note dont be so offended. I am just trying to help. Regardless your attitude has inspired me to not visit again.

buh bye

Comment

This might be of intrest since you are using a P35 motherboard:
            http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...1916224385.jpg

Comment

I'm NOT implying your review was dodgy or unreliable, I'm just saying that you should probably double check your test suite.

Software glitches be it by OS fault or driver clashes can cause unexpected results which are often hard to isolate and fix.

You guys have a good lead on other hardware sites, but you should take the opportunity to double check. Also, there are still some unanswered questions about this card. e.g. Do you need an 8 pin PEG adapter to be connected to the card for it to run/OC? Are there performance differences using PCI-E 2.0? What is the overclocking headroom on this card? How does it stack up in DX10 games? etc...

Comment

Did you guys use demo versions of World in Conflict, Call of juarez and Lost Planet??

If so, then surely you would want to ensure maximum support for developments in hardware and software by using the full version with the latest patches. The fpslabs' review shows some very strong call of juarez results with the patched full version than those in your benchmark. aprat from that keep up the good work, I avidly wait for your catalyst analysis every month. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Breadcrumb View Post
                  Did you guys use demo versions of World in Conflict, Call of juarez and Lost Planet??

If so, then surely you would want to ensure maximum support for developments in hardware and software by using the full version with the latest patches. The fpslabs' review shows some very strong call of juarez results with the patched full version than those in your benchmark. aprat from that keep up the good work, I avidly wait for your catalyst analysis every month. Cheers
                  COJ and LP will be gone very shortly and we updated to the latest version of WIC, where of course it will be kept updated.
                  Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                  X