GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 Mobo - DES Arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 Mobo - DES Arrives!

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 Mobo - DES Arrives!"

Re: GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 Mobo - DES Arrives!

am i the only one who thought that X48 (and entire X4 lineup of chipsets) supports only DDR3? i like that DES thing, it seems to make a difference, they should solder it everywhere

Comment

After my personal experiences with GA-X38-DQ6 and those of i know about, i would advise anyone considering this mobo to wait at least 6 months.

Comment

I have 4 PCs at home: 1 gaming system, 1 media center and 2 desktops for work/downloads. If this DES can be turned off during gaming then I'd be happy to use it on all my systems. Call me sentimental, but I like the idea of green computing - and that involves power consumption.

Comment

..X48 is essentially an X38 chipset that has been hand picked to run higher clock speeds and to support the 1600MHz FSB CPU when Intel finally releases it sometime this year.
          According to Gigabyte the GA-X38-DQ6 specs it does support 1600FSB...
          http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/Products/M...ame=GA-X38-DQ6

The only difference i see is DES!

Also why is the 3DMark06 review score on completly different motherboards
          P35 DQ6???? the review is the X48-DQ6 .....

Comment

Originally posted by flexy View Post
            am i the only one who thought that X48 (and entire X4 lineup of chipsets) supports only DDR3? i like that DES thing, it seems to make a difference, they should solder it everywhere
            I think the original plan was for DDR-3 only support but I reckon Intel must have buckled into supporting DDR-2 as well.
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
            X