Leadtek Winfast PX8800 Ultra Leviathan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadtek Winfast PX8800 Ultra Leviathan

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Leadtek Winfast PX8800 Ultra Leviathan"

Re: Leadtek Winfast PX8800 Ultra Leviathan

Thank you for the review.

I have one important question. What was the shader clock for PX8800ULRTA Leviathan?
    Last edited by EreK; 10-24-2007, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I still remember (before the 8800 "Ultra"...) when Asus gave the water-cooling treatment to a GTX. That card was clocked higher, and performed better, than any of the stock "Ultras". I'm not sure how it would compare to this performance wise. But the cooling solution (a custom version of the Thermaltake kit) seemed more practical than this Leadtek.

Don't get me wrong! I've had several Leadtek cards in the past that worked wonderfully. So I'm not trying to put the company down. Still this seems a bit "too little" and "too late" IMO, with the release of the G92 just weeks away and all. Still it fits with Leadtek's normal practice, as I suppose they are going for the nitch that wants the best of the "last generation" kit. They've done this in the past. :)

Comment

The Leadtek's watercooling solution is obviously better than the one used on ASUS 8800 GTX Aquatank because with the asus the pump/radiator part was supposed to be installed in the lower PCI slot and it was so big it could block any other expansion cards from being installed (sound card or even a second graphics card card) but Leadtek's solution doesnt block your expansion slots and the whole pump/radiator clings to the exhaust fan area. In fact Leadtek has shown an SLI Leviathan solution in some techshow or gameshow running two Leviathan cards.

The block used on asus aquatank (the part of it wich actually came in contact with water) was only covering the GPU and the memories were cooled by plates of copper extending from the GPU block. But in Leadtek's case it is an actual full cover block wich also runs water over memory parts too. By looking at the fitting part I am pretty sure it is a Cooler Master full cover block.

But in its time ASUS solution was great no argue about that but Leadtek's solution is better imo.

Also the Leviathan has been out for quite a good while, it's just that TweakTown published their review now.

All the signals show that the G92 is not going to replace the 8800 Ultra in the high end segment but rather aimed to be a product to sit between 8800GTX and HD2900XT performance-wise with an attractive $200/$240 price tag. Word is that nVIDIA wont replace the ULTRA till spring time. Unless nVIDIA has kept a big secret and managed to fool everyone I guess its not too late to buy an ULTRA.
        Last edited by EreK; 10-25-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I am wondering if the writers of the articles/reviews actually read the comments we make. Cus if they dont what sthe point of making a comment here? :)

Can you guys answer my first question ?

What was the shader clock for PX8800ULRTA Leviathan?

Comment

Working...
          X