GIGABYTE P35T-DQ6 (DDR3) Reviewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE P35T-DQ6 (DDR3) Reviewed

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "GIGABYTE P35T-DQ6 (DDR3) Reviewed"

Different models?

Your reviewer appears to have photographed two different motherboards.

The images on pages one http://images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/p35t_1intro.jpg and four http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?img=p35tl_6.JPG show three main areas of difference:

1 - The DDR3 slots are reversed in orientation. P1 shows the positioning notch closer to the CPU end of the board, while P4 shows the notch closer to the PCIe slots. The silkscreened model information near the DDR3 slots is also slightly different, lacking the CE certification on P1.

2 - The heatpipe system is different. P1 shows two heatpipes from the northbridge array, lacking the huge tower of fins, to the rear MOSFET sink. P4 shows a single pipe, and includes the grossly overdone array that has put me off the DS4/DQ6 models already.

3 - Several of the electrolytic caps have the coloured tab changed, probably indicating differences in capacitance.

These variances, especially #1, lead me to conclude that the picture on P1 is of an earlier demonstration model or prototype. This is unfortunate, since I prefer the cooling arrangement of that model to the ergonomic nightmare of the final DQ6 El Grande.

Comment

Power Consumption

Nice to see some power consumption figures, but how do these compare to other high-end P35 boards seeing as gigabyte talks about power efficiency in their ultra durable 2 blurb?

Comment

Re: Power Consumption

Originally posted by CoolnQuiet View Post
        Nice to see some power consumption figures, but how do these compare to other high-end P35 boards seeing as gigabyte talks about power efficiency in their ultra durable 2 blurb?
        Hello CoolnQuiet,

We have only recently started motheroard power testing and in all future reviews we will have more boards to compare against.

I understand GIGABYTE pay close attention to power consumption and it is something we will look closer into in the near future!

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Re: Different models?

Originally posted by steve_hb View Post
          Your reviewer appears to have photographed two different motherboards.

The images on pages one http://images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/p35t_1intro.jpg and four http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?img=p35tl_6.JPG show three main areas of difference:

1 - The DDR3 slots are reversed in orientation. P1 shows the positioning notch closer to the CPU end of the board, while P4 shows the notch closer to the PCIe slots. The silkscreened model information near the DDR3 slots is also slightly different, lacking the CE certification on P1.

2 - The heatpipe system is different. P1 shows two heatpipes from the northbridge array, lacking the huge tower of fins, to the rear MOSFET sink. P4 shows a single pipe, and includes the grossly overdone array that has put me off the DS4/DQ6 models already.

3 - Several of the electrolytic caps have the coloured tab changed, probably indicating differences in capacitance.

These variances, especially #1, lead me to conclude that the picture on P1 is of an earlier demonstration model or prototype. This is unfortunate, since I prefer the cooling arrangement of that model to the ergonomic nightmare of the final DQ6 El Grande.

There is a simple answer to that - the image on the first page is from the GIGABYTE website, just an intro photo.
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Re: Different models?

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
            There is a simple answer to that - the image on the first page is from the GIGABYTE website, just an intro photo.
            ...and so your reviewer, whom I am presuming you pay actual money, placed as the primary exemplar image of his review a picture that does not represent the actual product obtained upon purchase?

Isn't that a bit like having a picture of another product and saying 'well, it's still a motherboard, stop your whining'?

Comment

Working...
            X