Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive"

Re: Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive

Wont most flash drives go bonk after 100,000 R/W cycles or so? We sure don't want a solid-state "deathstar" again!]

Promising technology, though.

Comment

Historically SSDs were limited in the number of R/W cycles. However, with modern flash technology and error correction, the reliability of the flash in a PC exceeds 10 years.

Comment

I would of liked to see some Application and Game benchmarks. Like see if level/game load times improve or anything like that and same with applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublym3 View Post
          I would of liked to see some Application and Game benchmarks. Like see if level/game load times improve or anything like that and same with applications.
          When we get drives in with larger capacity (32GB+), we'll do more of that.
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Hello folks,

Anandtech.com already performed a game review with BF2 and GR2 with a industrial SSD from Super Talent. This SSD wasn't really meant to be used with a notebook or desktop but all the same the Super Talent 16Gig SSD seemed to perform rather well with the games.

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2982

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
            X