Intel P35 "Bearlake" Chipset Performance Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel P35 "Bearlake" Chipset Performance Preview

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Intel P35 "Bearlake" Chipset Performance Preview"

Re: Intel P35 "Bearlake" Chipset Performance Preview

First post!

With Bearlake in sight, Conroes will be dropping in prices!

Comment

Bearlake is chipset, I think you mean new Quad Core processors :)
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

"News Flash"

Intel releases yet ANOTHER chipset because their latest chipset is about to be outmoded again in less than 6 months making it obsolete in yet another world record amount of time. That is what I see when I read about this upcoming chipset. Thanks yet again Intel.....
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Not what I expected :( dissapointed

Was expecting a much better memory controller and results in the memory bandwidth department. Even tho this is somekind of unfinished product, it is still not where it should be. If the memory controller was better, this thing would have posted better scores almost in every other test. Conroe and DDR2 will still be bottlenecked by the chipset. Dissapointment so far the way I see it.. The fact that is only 1% or less faster in most of the tests doesn't mean that is a good sign, imagine a 7600GT being 1% faster than a previous 6600GT . Let's hope it will reach the promissed 15-25% improvement once out. If I had a computer at the moment, I wouldn't have upgraded and waited for AMD's barcelona (on chip memory controller) + Nforce7 ;). In my case I need a computer in late may. Will be a tough choice between the more expensive P35 and a lower priced P965. Think I will go for P35 and then sell it on ebay to some intel fan along with the conroe once Barcelona and Nforce7 come out.
          Last edited by Flickshot; 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

The article says how the E6850 was going to be 75% cheaper than the QX6800. Just because they each start with 68, they are not the same thing. The new E6850 is DUAL core, the QX is QUAD core.

I don't know, maybe you guys know this already, but why point it out? It would clearly not surpass the performance of the quad core.

Comment

Working...
            X