No announcement yet.

What have I dont to my sig!?!? Can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have I dont to my sig!?!? Can you help?

can someone take a look at this page....it is my singature that is copied below. As you see i have an error somewhere but don't know to much about html.

Can you view the source of this and see if you can find anything that is giving me hugh space above the table?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hbidad/sig.htm

The page above is what I copied and pasted from Frontpage.

Thanks

<center><table border="1" id="AutoNumber1" bordercolorlight="#99CCFF" bordercolordark="#0066FF" cellspacing="1"><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font size="1" face="Verdana">AMD XP 1900+</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font size="1" face="Verdana">AMD TB 1.4ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Gladiator with 7k rpm Delta</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">stock fan for a 1900+ </font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">MSI KT266a-RU mobo</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">MSI KT266a-RU mobo</font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">IBM 40gb 7200rpm</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">IBM 40gb 7200rpm</font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Maxtor 40gb 5400 rpm </font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">N/A</font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">SoundBlaster live</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">onboard sound</font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">PNY GF4 TI4400</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Visontek GF2 Ultra </font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">lite-on 16x10x40</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">24x Cd-rom</font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">256mb OCZ pc2400 DDR</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">256mb OCZ pc2400 DDR</font></td></tr><tr><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Win XP Pro</font></td><td width="50%" align="justify"><p align="left"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Win98 SE</font></td></tr></table></center>

Comment

Just view the source of the page, find that and paste it into your sig.. :)

Comment

No problem hbidad:D
        What you need to do is put your HTML into 1 continious line.
        Every time you hit enter to start another line, the Forum is putting in another line --- those lines actually appear above your sig.

Copy the HTML for your table into a new text file.
        Backspace each line, until you have just 1 huge line. Then copy it and paste that into the signature box in your user control panel.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

OR.. you could just copy and paste what I've done... :)

Comment

Or you could copy and paste what Beefy has so kindly provided for you:)

And if you ask him really nice, he may even explain why your sig has all that extra space:)
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

ok, your sig has that extra space because:

Every time you hit enter to start another line, the Forum is putting in another line --- those lines actually appear above your sig.
              A way to rectify this is:

Copy the HTML for your table into a new text file.
              Backspace each line, until you have just 1 huge line. Then copy it and paste that into the signature box in your user control panel.
              ;)

Comment

You are most certainly living up to your signature today Beefy.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

umm...... just wondering, weren't we NOT allowed to have sigs with HTML or tables?
                  TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

that was back in the day when the traffic flow was too big... I assume that's all over...

Comment

Oh oooops.....I didn't think a table would take up that much more bandwith. I guess I will remove it until I get permission :(

Comment

nah.. stick it in. it's not gonna hurt. other people have tables.... Can't let all that hard work go to waste.

Comment

Go ahead and use the signature hbidad. The prohibition was back when we were going WAY over our bandwidth limits. Since then, we have moved all pictures, the forums, and some of our reviews content to another server. As far as I know, we are no longer having any bandwidth issues.

Let's just make sure that the signatures don't become a nuisance to other forum users, though. And hbidad, yours is not too large. :)
                          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                          My Toys

Comment

Woohoo! Thanks Guys....

Comment

Hey.. you made a mistake.. You're not supposed to put my name in your sig.. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X