No announcement yet.

Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!"

Re: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

OMG thanks so much for this article! After reading it and downloading tversity I was up and running within a half an hour. Totally works just as you said. Tversity rocks my socks off! Again,, thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by nuvru View Post
      OMG thanks so much for this article! After reading it and downloading tversity I was up and running within a half an hour. Totally works just as you said. Tversity rocks my socks off! Again,, thanks a bunch!
      I'm glad it's working well for you
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

hi please can somebody help server seems to be working but switches off after a few seconds anybody got any idea why it does this thanks

Comment

Originally posted by therider View Post
          hi please can somebody help server seems to be working but switches off after a few seconds anybody got any idea why it does this thanks
          Sometimes it does this and I'm not sure exactly why. A couple solutions - reboot your PC (and turn off and on Xbox). Also check that your transcoder settings are not too high for your PC or network.

Also try playing a different video and you may just be having an issue with a certain file.
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

This will help some friends of mine with XboX's and XviD's... Thanks!

Comment

I got through everything up to page five to work fine...but, come page five, the xbox isn't seeing my computer. I checked http://localhost:41952 and I can see the server fine. My router has open ports. The xbox can see other computers on the network, just not TVersity. The comp I'm on is MCE 2005 so I disconnected the xbox from this also, but to no avail. TVersity still does not show up. Any ideas?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by imagenyuss View Post
                I got through everything up to page five to work fine...but, come page five, the xbox isn't seeing my computer. I checked http://localhost:41952 and I can see the server fine. My router has open ports. The xbox can see other computers on the network, just not TVersity. The comp I'm on is MCE 2005 so I disconnected the xbox from this also, but to no avail. TVersity still does not show up. Any ideas?
                Thanks
                On your Xbox console, did you run the network test to make sure everything is setup correctly? Turn your Xbox and PC on and off a couple of times and you might have more luck.
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

HI!
                  First off,Thanks for the great guide!

Im having some trouble though..everything seems to be working just fine,the TVersity shows up on my xbox but when i go to the video section in my xbox non of the movies i've added to my libray shows up,instead there are like 1000's of gametrailer videos.

Any ideas of what i should do/could be doing wrong??

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ivory View Post
                    HI!
                    Im having some trouble though..everything seems to be working just fine,the TVersity shows up on my xbox but when i go to the video section in my xbox non of the movies i've added to my libray shows up,instead there are like 1000's of gametrailer videos.
                    Are you sure you are looking at your networked PC and not your 360 HDD with trailers that you've downloaded?
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

yes im sure,i dont have anything but game demos and savefiles on my hdd.....im 100%sure its my pc im connected to,but the wierd thing is dont have any of those trailers on my computer...

Comment

Hey i got eveything connected and when i go to my xbox and select the file and hit play it freezes everytime and when i check my computer i have a message saying "MediaServer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." and i have to end the program. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivory View Post
                          HI!
                          First off,Thanks for the great guide!

Any ideas of what i should do/could be doing wrong??

Thanks!!
                          this is tversity's native media library, Advanced -> Recreate Media Library should clear all that out.

Comment

ok, tried this multiple times...can't make it work.

Everything works exactly as described right up to the part where I hit play and then the 360 gives me an error message that the file type is not supported.

It's an h.264 convert of a .tivo file that works fine on my ipod and in windows media player 11.

Really not sure what the deal is but it's kind of annoying to get that far and then have it poop out on ya.

edit : wmv works fine, still can't make the h.264 work.
                            Last edited by jcwillia; 01-27-2007, 12:12 PM.

Comment

found my own solution in another forum :

this FIXED my issue!

"In case you get the message unplayable content (and you can play it in WMP11) then you could try the following. Rename the file to 'X' and copy in a directory C:\ test. Add to TVersity en check if you can play it with youur Xbox.

You'll find on a number of postings that TVersity has some issues with 'deep folders', I found it also has some issues with certain file names. I don't know where it has a hickup - but just try it and enjoy.

I was watching a series and certain (especially files with a long name) epsidos were 'Unplayable Content', comparison with Gspot proved that a file I could play and one I couldn't where exactly the same (not duration of course) . Since they were in the same directory the problem of 'deep directories' didn't came into the picture - renaming the file to X (or something short) --> no problem.

I have tested now over 100 files of very different origin and making (all playable with WMP11) and have to say, TVersity has played them all as well (no exception!)

Thank you to the makers of TVersity and the wonderfull moderators and other helpfull people on this forum!

Just give a reply if this was helpfull to you - THX

KUDOS
                              Camouflage"

Comment

Working...
                              X