Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

For those of you that don't know, yes the new update did in fact make tversity not work, it wasn't a big problem, just the way that video files show up on the xbox now. They put folder options for videos which isn't what tversity was set up for.

If you got to the tveristy website and download the latest version (http://tversity.com/download/) then go here (http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?t=5099) download the patch and follow all instructions and you'll be up and running again in now time, now with folders... coooooool

Also I have had no luck in getting the URLs to work again since the new update tveristy team needs to also check the code in the URL section, seems the update has made the play button on internet videos non responsive.

Comment

Im wondering if anybody can help me with this one, been streaming with tversity for some time now with no issues until the other day I came to find that the xbox 360 can't find my streamed videos! It can find my music just fine. my pics also but not my videos! Ive downloaded the xbox live update needed. Ive refreshed my library turned thecomputer off and on the 360 off and on nothing seems to work short of uninstalling and reinstalling tversity, which im afraid I'll never get it working again.

Comment

help!

tried the suggestion made by urabewe (chaging port so 360 would recognise)
        but when i try to restart sharing it wont. it only allows sharing with the otriginal port number
        any ideas or solutions?

Comment

ive finally managed to get tversity recognised on the 360. added vis and theyve been recognised. trouble is when i come to play an avi movie i get a 'unsupported media' message from the xbox. either that or connection lost.

can anyone help? thanks in advance (im soooooo close)

Comment

Eddington

Check your encoder settings, make sure encode only when needed is checked, try unchecking encode as fast as possible, do you have ffdshow installed, is it setup correctly, check your codecs, you have to have the correct codecs

Basically if a video can play in WMP then it should be able to play through tversity, check any and ALL settings there are between your PC and your XBOX such as the ones stated above and

Comment

Ok So I was reading over these comments (while at work ;) ) so I hope that I didn't over look anything. I am able to see my comp from the Xbox menu, I am able to access music, and see pictures. However, when I go to videos, it says that there are no videos. I have made sure that the library is shared (which also includes the music that i can see) and I am also able to see if from the local host and watch them, as well as through WMP11. I saw something on here about a "deep" folder so I am going to try to change that. Any other thoughts as to why I can see music, pics, but not the movies??????

Thanks

Comment

And I just installed the patch.

Comment

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Pakistan Property | Wholesale Suppliers
                  Wholesale Canadian Directory | All UK Wholesalers

Comment

I've been having problems with certain files. It freezes the TVersity server and causes it to crash.

They are DIVX avi files, but other DIVX files work fine.

I moved the files to their own directory as someone advised, and even changed the names to make the names of the files much smaller.

I have changed the settings to allow it to take as much time as possible to encode.

I have the latest version of TVersity, I believe that means I do not need to patch it, correct?

I have ffdshow, is there any special way I need to set it up to make it work properly?

Is it possible that I need to delete all of the codecs and then reinstall them one at a time?
                    Last edited by princesabin; 06-12-2007, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X