Latest Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Products

well there seems to be alot of threads asking what motherboard to get, best value, best performance etc.

maybe a few admins could put together a forum bit to get rid of these posts, saying which vc and mobos are good for the month and specs...and updated regulary. just a though at this moment.

Anyone interested in maintaining a list? I don't have enough time in the day as it is.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

It's impossible! The "best" depends on what YOU need, can afford, like/dislike, etc., etc., so forth, on and on.

Comment

Ill give it a go if you want, but what T-**** said is a good point

Comment

The term "The Best" is really a crappy title as it all really boils down to "horses for courses" as what would be the best for 1 could very well be the worst for another. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

we could have different categories? i.e. one for raw performance, one for value, one for features, etc

Comment

You could do it that way, but then apart from having 5 times as many different lists, you are still going to hit problems.. What if someone wants a MB with RAID and USB 2, or if someone wants USB 2 but no RAID, or RAID and no USB 2.. or Firewire onboard.. Onboard Audio vs no onboard Audio... There's just too many different variables to call one board the best.... and that's just motherboards...

It's a great idea, but it's going to be damn hard to implement...

Comment

Yeah and how many categories would be considered necessary? Far too many I think. :smokin:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yeah.. What would be a good way to do it is set up a huge database, detailing each item and various features they have.. so people can search for the features they want and then see what the options are. But it's still a lot of work for little return.. :(

Comment

Just my humble opinion, but I think a great deal of learning comes from doing a lot of your own legwork. If someone comes to crossroad or needs to whittle down there list or just needs to hear the voice of experience, there are plenty of people to help. Ultimately the person creating the system has to be happy with it and it is less likely that they will truly understand what they are getting until they put some time in doing their own research. Anything less, just give Dell or Compaq a call and they will be happy to spoon-feed some uninformed/lazy person whatever they want to hear.

Just my $.02
                    JM:afro:
                    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Have a read of this peoples... :)

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=240
                      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Nice work... Bit of a shame you didn't have a Radeon in there... Maybe a Plextor Drive... a non-Creative Soundcard...

And who is Nick Swan? :)

Comment

My supplier sends me a MSI motherboard list in a table format which specifies all features, ram type, pci slots, etc.. it helps heaps in choosing a motherboard for the right situation.

maybe i could post it? and we can get a list like this for all major brand motherboards.

Comment

I wouldn't bother yet til something gets worked out properly. Cos it's a bit silly just having MSI stuff....

Comment

Working...
                            X