Another SPAM removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another SPAM removed

SPAM removed by Admin - user banned... again.
    Last edited by Darthtanion; 12-27-2004, 10:42 AM.

Re: Free Intel Desktop Processor !

Those are always to good to be true, you always have to order somthing to get it, in this case just to prove my point you need to choose 6 things to order or try, all require credit card numbers, and all will lead to buying more of that same product or tempt you to buy from that company again. These are a waist of time and I don't even think these types of things are sapposed to be posted here(at all), if I remember corectly, it may have been another forum mind you.

Comment

I have seen tyhis site posted at plenty of forums and it's getting pretty annoying...

Comment

I kill them when I find them. If I miss any please let me know. It is nothing more than a sleezy no-good puke who has nothing better to do than SPAM online forum groups and I agree, it is getting very annoying.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Re: Another SPAM removed

KNow the feeling Darthtanion. We have similar problems on a motocycle site. I seen on a car site the admin sent a nasty bill to the spammer for wasting their time and after 60 days turned him over to a collection agency. May not see any money but sure stop that guy. :D

Comment

What exactly happens when you ban someone... Does it not allow thier IP address to enter the site? And do mods have the ability to remove Spam?(I've only seen you do it)

Comment

Yes, a moderator can delete SPAM... as well as ban users. I'm looking for a means to keep certain internet addresses from being used at all but I have yet to find an option for this. That would make it a whole lot easier.
              My Toys

Comment

Whenever I see spam I just delete the thread totally and eliminate the soul, in stealth :)
                Darth, I've looked too, but I'm not surprised I didn't have the option since I am just an S Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                  Yes, a moderator can delete SPAM... as well as ban users. I'm looking for a means to keep certain internet addresses from being used at all but I have yet to find an option for this. That would make it a whole lot easier.
                  I am an Administrator of another board, if you need to ban an IP, just give me a holla!!!

Comment

Banning an IP isn't the issue... I'm looking for a means to disallow the inclusion of certain web addresses (i.e. www.spamsucks.com) into thread bodies.
                    My Toys

Comment

Thats easy...lol! All you have to do is add that complete name into your censored word list...make sure you follow the directions to the T because you can end up censoring all url's... I would suggest to put the whole word 'spamsucks' as a censored word...

Peace!

Comment

Working...
                      X