Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our New Server is almost ready!

I have some good news!

As most would know, we have been having some financial difficulties with the sheer amount of bandwidth TweakTown has been doing lately and the fact that online advertising isn't what it used to be, but it is improving. However........ Things have made a turn for the best, which brings me to the point of this post.

Thankfully, through a new network which is just starting up, we have got our own new dedicated server almost ready to go live which will host the forums (attachments will return, maybe even as soon as 48 hours from now), file downloads (we will be adding a brand new downloads section to the site soon), site images and whatever else we may require - This will most likely include a couple gaming servers soon and the return of our Case Modding Gallery, we'll keep you posted.

Depending on how things go, we may look at getting another new dedicated server next month which we would setup load balancing between to even the load between all three servers which power TweakTown.

Things are looking good, watch out for exciting things in times to come!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

sounds good!

I look forward to the game servers especially! Just make sure the server is hosted in Aus so we get decent pings.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid
      sounds good!

I look forward to the game servers especially! Just make sure the server is hosted in Aus so we get decent pings.
      The servers are based in America.
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Keep up the good work Tweak. :thumb:
        BTW I love that 1200+ ppd. ;)

Comment

sounds good, pitty the game server will be in the us, gonna be playing with a dialup ping :(
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Unfortunately no. The bandwidth costs of hosting a server in Australia are prohibitive, up to A$100/GB :eek:

In the U.S. on the other hand, it will be more like A$5/GB at most. So I hope people can understand that although it would be nice to have a server here, it's not viable financially :(
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus

Unfortunately no. The bandwidth costs of hosting a server in Australia are prohibitive, up to A0/GB :eek:

In the U.S. on the other hand, it will be more like A/GB at most. So I hope people can understand that although it would be nice to have a server here, it's not viable financially :(
              Spot on. We'll see what happens in the future, we may look at finding an Australian host for an Aussie TT game server.
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak

Spot on. We'll see what happens in the future, we may look at finding an Australian host for an Aussie TT game server.
                MOS.net.au rent out game servers. Since it is run by VooDoo, maybe he will give you a discount since from what I understand, he's your mate. Just a thought.

Comment

MOS.net.au rent out game servers. Since it is run by VooDoo, maybe he will give you a discount since from what I understand, he's your mate. Just a thought.
                  We have talked about it before, I'll work on that.
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

hmmm...very nice cam! :) soon you'll be ready to take over the world ! haha *cough* :)
                    At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
                      hmmm...very nice cam! :) soon you'll be ready to take over the world ! haha *cough* :)
                      That is next weeks jo........ I mean, hmmm.
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Are you pondering what I'm pondering.. :rolleyes:

Comment

If you were to get a game server what kinda games wud u play? Counter strike, unreal tournament? quake 3 ;D

Comment

It would come to a vote.
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

DoD2.0! come on... you know you want it :)

Comment

Working...
                              X