flawed TT mailer about VIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flawed TT mailer about VIA

The email from TT about the VIA PT880 chipset coming from a "christain" company was in error.
    VIA is not christain, if one considers they have and continue to retail known flawed products. They knowingly have sent to retail flawed chipsets and have admitted doing so in their via forums, but refuse to recall nor fix them. Maintaining their customers would just have to eat the losses from purchasing the products. Many former via users have vowed to 'never again' use a via product because of this grief.
    So, how do you come up with the company being "christain?"
    In fact I believe in the last 6 months hi level company officers were :flames: caught :flames: in espinage against their competitors.

let me just move this over here where it should be...

I suppose you can prove all of that, or are you just regurgitating rumors.

Comment

I had to read that 3 times before it made sense...

Comment

It still doesn't make sense to me...........

Comment

umm wtf? :confused: what on earth is a "christain" and how can a company be christian or not assuming thats what you actually meant?:cheers:

Comment

alright, the first post was bad enough let's not start mud slinging here. besides, i just had a shower...

Comment

It stopped rainin' here on the weekend so the mud's all dried up now. :shrug:

Comment

Originally posted by bug
                Many former via users have vowed to 'never again' use a via product because of this grief. So, how do you come up with the company being "christain?"
                I'm not sure what you think "Christian" means, but it certainly doesn't mean that everyone who says they are christian is 100% morally upright. George W Bush says he is Christian, and uses God in his speeches, and he attacked Iraq for no genuine reason, and caused the deaths of many. Hardly what Jesus would do.

Look at how many priests and senior Church officials are caught doing horrible things to children - they say they're Christian too, are you saying we can't say they're Christian?

TT doesn't want to get into a religious debate about the morals of tech companies. Most tech companies have released dodgy products, and many "Christian" people do bad things.
                My Machine

Comment

Besides, nothing has ever caused so many disgusting crimes and so much suffer among people like the different religions.. :2cents:

hmm.. this is a totally different topic.. well yeah sorry to intrude..

sexy heels.. ^^

Comment

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/.../20/2003092120
                    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/34990.html
                    My post was placed in the incompatibilities and issues forum as it dealt with the "christain" issue from the TweakTown email mailer involving the VIA PT880 chipset article.
                    The known flawed chipsets were two gen before the Apollo (69**) chipsets (late 1990s.) Via admitted it had knowingly sent flawed chipsets to market but refused to remidy those and only posted they would make efforts in the future to provide beter quality chipsets to it's customers, then the 4 in 1 drivers were offered to placate the users. The VIA forums were full of complaints from the customers about the messed up chipsets and Via just deleted or locked down the threads. Then about 4 months later unlocked the threads and 'officially' posted they had looked into the problem and though the chipsets were found to be flawed it was not serious enough to recall nor offer any type of refund to those that had purchased the mobo with the Via chipsets.

Comment

first of all 'incompatibilities and issues' is not for this kind of discussion what-so-ever. It could possibly go under 'Publication Discussion' but Whining just seems much more appropriate.

Secondly, every tech company has sent out products that were less than 100%. Do you expect them all to recall every product that doesn't meet the highest of standards? I certainly hope not or you clearly have no understanding of simple economics.

why are you dredging up stuff that happened in the last decade? 5+ years is a long time to hold a grudge. Via has been making decent products for years now.

Comment

I used the word "Christian" in the summary of the article because I known first hand how much of a religious company VIA are.

At just about every press conference I have sat in on, the CEO of VIA (Wen Chi Chen) will have a bible on hand and in his speeches will almost always have a reference about god or something relating closely to him.
                        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Religious affiliation is rather unimportant. Like Cameron said, he knows that the CEO is a Christian, probably somewhat devout in his beliefs even.

As others have said, there are Christian people that do bad things [and those that don't]. As well, there are people of [more than likely] every religion that do or have done bad things. It's called the human condition.

The only reasoning I see behind using the word Christian is to establish that Cameron respects Mr. Chen's beliefs and that he felt it was an acceptable way of introducing the article.

I hope that no one has any different of a view of Mr. Chen simply because he has a religious affiliation and made "bad decisions" in a part of life(business) that isn't satisfactorily governed, if at all, by moral values.

If that were the case, then you you should really consider how Intel has turned the Pentium4 into a marketing chip rather than actually improving processor performance like they would have if development of the original Pentium4 would have been completed as Intel wanted to originally. Instead, they sold a "flawed product" that wrapped odds and ends to get your money.

That's business. Though I don't agree well with either company's decisions, they have continually worked to improve from their mistakes and bad decisions while occasionally screwing up again.

Don't forget that all of you(or is it a solitary person?) casting angry words have probably done this(something negatively affecting a person or people) to someone, though less noticeable and probably less problematic, in some form or fashion.

*I can almost guarantee there are people within Intel that are devout Christians, Muslims, or other religious types that were part of the bad decision with the Pentium4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                            I used the word "Christian" in the summary of the article because I known first hand how much of a religious company VIA are.

At just about every press conference I have sat in on, the CEO of VIA (Wen Chi Chen) will have a bible on hand and in his speeches will almost always have a reference about god or something relating closely to him.
                            Oh great, I just used to dislike VIA any now I the vitriol is really flowing.
                            But I have a problem with monotheism, and the track record of VIA isn't great.

Its not like it was just the Apollo chipsets that had a problem, the VIA VX pro+ (pentium MMX) chipset that I had was a headache, and I heard of mny people who had problems with the coppermine P-3 chipsets (e.g. Asus CUV-4X). The KT266's were nasty, till the 'A' version came out, and I have seen many problems with KT333's as well. Say no to VIA, esp. now we can (thank you nVidia for the nForce 2 and 3).

Comment

Working...
                            X