Thermaltake Watercooler review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake Watercooler review...

Just some FYI on why the cooler performed so badly.

Look at the tubing! ASide from being very thin, it has f*cking springs in it! Any good watercooler knows it is all about the flowrate (among other things). Well, when you introduce such blockage in the lines, you are begging for problems.....

The tubing is of the standard 3/8" OD variety and the springs offer the novice user the chance of keeping kinks and major bends out of the hose. While 1/2" OD tubing is better, this size can still work very effectively (even with the springs) IF the reservoir and water pump are significant enough in size and output to keep the water flowing at a good pace through the tubes.

I thought I had explained this in the review, but maybe I need to reconsider the phrasing I used.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Makes me wonder, other than for aesthetic reasons why they didn't put the spring on the outside of the tubing. It would still prevent kinks and allow a better flow. :confused:

Comment

Snags maybe? Dunno, but with the low output of the pump, they were not a hindrance to the operation of the system. I just hope they come up with something like an "Enthusiasts Model" with a better pump and larger reservoir. They've got a good idea, just weak components.
        My Toys

Comment

Guess I'll just make my own...better and cheaper :thumb:

Comment

Don't know about cheaper, but it will undoubtedly be more effective. :D
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X