Home Page theft???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Page theft???

Am i the only one here having a problem with Third party programs throwing me off my home page "forums.tweaktown.com" and than screwin' me when i get here by throwing off site when i go to BG games????:confused:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

it aint just you, I get the following when I use tweaktown.com and forums.tweaktown.com The only way I get in here is to use tweaktown.com/forums/ (which I didn't even know worked until yesterday, thx amd_man)

Comment

Mine was Your Oppional Home Page Dot Com, and i figured out their harddrive invasion soon enough....but, even after an fdisk an reformat............they were still fu'''''kin me when i got here:cry:

Comment

i use http://forums.tweaktown.com/ and never have a problem

my bet is that you installed some spyware or some component of it

and yeah, even after you formatted and reinstalled, something you installed after that did it

www.lavasoftusa.com adaware 6.0, be sure you update it too

www.grisoft.com avg 7.0 update it also

Comment

i assure you it wasn't spyware (I use spybot s&d 3x a week) that gave me the error I posted since I get same thing from 3 different computers and 2 different ISPs, one was freshly installed and tweaktown was the first internet access it made. However, it seems to be working now, although slowly.

but dryad seems to have a different problem...

Comment

No probs here running IE6.. :shrug:

Comment

After that re-format i honestly think it's somehow a e-mail related tag................nothing else makes any sense:confused:

And yeah yeah, i'm running XP pro with all the current updates/upgrades does the same thing on 98se which is running on my other 2 machines and they have nothing in common but the E-mail.....:eek: And being in the same space/room:blah: : omg:

Comment

no problems here.. but i use a bookmark to get here...

BTW, i LOVE that sig Dryad.. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Divine_Madcat
                  no problems here.. but i use a bookmark to get here...

BTW, i LOVE that sig Dryad.. ;)

Thanks, i was gonna give ya guys one to play with, but, it seems i'll have to rework it ........i originally wanted to make this one my
                  Avatar but was a bit too large and they won't work if reduced...

And i found the culpret(sic) of my Home Page Woes.....and yes as i speak of the Devil it cuts me off screen.....B*sta*d........was a supposed pop-up stopper par ecellance that came from my E-mail account....and soon as i have the legitimate Name i will post it here:flames:

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                    it aint just you, I get the following when I use tweaktown.com and forums.tweaktown.com The only way I get in here is to use tweaktown.com/forums/ (which I didn't even know worked until yesterday, thx amd_man)
                    That page came up for me once last night, but I believe it is just what it says it is and has to do with the page being updated. First I've seen that particular page though.

Originally posted by dryadsoul[B]Mine was Your Oppional Home Page Dot Com, and i figured out their harddrive invasion soon enough....but, even after an fdisk an reformat............they were still fu'''''kin me when i got here
                    I maintain all three of the following on my machines that surf the 'net on a regular basis. To help keep those nasty little proggies off my machines. (Per my son's recommendation, that is.)

SpywareBlaster

Ad-Aware

SpyBot
                    :-(

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                      they won't work if reduced...
                      I reduced it for ya, it's 100x68 now, but the file size may be to big you'll have to check that out as I don't know the max limit for avatars.

Got to love Adobe Photoshop/Imageready.. :cool:

Comment

Thank's Elrado 1, and keep that dancin' cell phone by the way....it is way cooler than the sevice you'll no doubt be gettin' with the phone... And It Is Default-homepage-network.com that is giving me grief.....and it claims to keep ya free of worrisome spyware
                        by offering a free($29.99) version of Pro Spy Killer.......which i never signed up for or even heard of......huhhh imagine that and it's FREE :confused: :snip: :barf: :spam:

Comment

Okay UPDATE....it Looks Like this at the start:

Comment

And everything beyond that point is moot.......as they even rename their suppossed free software every other ad.......
                            However/whenever i go on the net it goes to optional sites of their choice.......and while i'm here typing this it throws yet another screen in my face................owwwwwwwww Whaaaaaaa:laugh:

Comment

I have no troubles now, except http://forums.tweaktown.com still won't work

Comment

Working...
                              X