X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia + Sunbeam Tech + Xoxide Input Global Competition

nVidia + Sunbeam Tech + Xoxide Input Global Competition

It’s time for another giveaway! This time we are asking everyone to give their input regarding TweakTown and what you all think we can do to improve our website – each of your posts will be read individually and taken into serious consideration for possible implementation. Your thoughts are valued!

PRIZE BREAKDOWN:

1st Prize – MSI GeForce FX 5600 128MB AGP 8x graphics card (supplied by nVidia)

2nd PrizeSunbeam pack including Etched Window Kit (Biohazard Gold), PSU Mod, 80mm LED fan grill, 80mm laser cut fan grill (Chimera) and $25 US online coupon code to use at Xoxide store

3rd Prize - $25 US online coupon code to use at Xoxide store

HOW TO ENTER:

To enter all you need to do is tell us how we can improve TweakTown with any suggestions, comments, constructive criticism you may have. Only serious comments will be entered into the competition – this does not include one sentence comments or comments which have no relevance to our website – these will be simply ignored. This is a global competition, anyone from any country in the world may enter – we pay all costs to ship prizes. This competition will run for one month from July 8th till August 8th (Australian EST time).

HOW TO WIN:

Each successful entrant username will be entered into a text file on consecutive line and randomly chosen by scrolling up and down for one minute or thereabouts with eyes closed, then stopping on one name which will become the winner – and so on for 2nd and 3rd prizes.

We look forward to hearing all of your thoughts and opinions regarding TweakTown, please now make them heard by replying in this thread!

Good luck!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

hey this isn't fair, Your making me think.

The only thing that I can think of is integrating everyting better,

Ie being able to make comments on articles without having to go to the forums, showing that your logged in when you visit the fronta page, making it a bit more customised to each individual user
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Well, i think that TweakTown is near perfect, however i do think that it needs a section where the cool people can hang out.

nah, on a more serious note.
      kheldar stole one of my ideas with the intergration idea so i'm thinking of a new one...

Maybe the...
      or...

narh

i'll have to post again later i think
      TT Original

Comment

What you could do is to have a centeral Media page. Basically this would be a page that has all the pictures on the one page for that article. Cause we all like looking at pics and druling over them. So instead having to go thru every page to look at pics you could put them on one page and have that page included in the article/review.

Just an idea

Comment

TweakTown is perfect the way it is, but there is one thing that could be added.
          Which is when posting and adding a picture with the file attachment, users should be able to post more then one picture in one post other than using the picture tag linking to another site.
          Oh, the counter saying how many post you have posted. I liked that, what happened to it?
          :p :D

Other than that keep up the good work.

edit: One more thing I thought of, how about a section somewhere where members can post pictures and information about their rig? A PC database. :cheers:

Comment

I'd like to see standardized testing, both hardware and software-wise. That means every review is done with the same equipment and thus, the results can be directly compared. Furthermore, the same benchmarking suite should be used each time. Also, although you may already be doing this, when performing motherboard roundups please ensure that each board is tested using a clean, freshly formatted install of Windows to ensure 100% accurate testing each time. Finally, bringing in a sub-editor to edit all content before its posted would also dramatically increase the quality of the site.

Comment

A few things i would mind seeing changed or fixed:

News - Daily news posts, kinda like it used to be (back in the day)
              Pictures - In a few reviews and articles, some of the pictures turn out as little red crosses

I feel everything else on TT is perfrctly fine

EDIT: Getting the long (very long) awaited Case Mod Gallery up and running would be a good addition to the site too
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

a overclocking database would be nice so you can have a good idea how far you can push your cpu.

maybe even a list of the best hardware in each catagiry you know: high end, mainstream and value for everything like cpu, cases, mainboards, cpu coolers....etc

Comment

You could make "Clans" on the forums or groups, depends on what you would desire to call them.
                  You could also add a text under the avatars that is at user preference.
                  another nice thing would be to have and easy rig details kinda thing, have it in the control panel, just fill in the blanks as if you are filling in your msn messenger alias and website and other stuff.
                  Even a few more board designs would be nice, something for the goths, something for the women, you know ;)
                  And last but not least, MORE little emoticons, there so cool :D

I Wish all other participants luck :thumb:

Comment

To be truthful I cant find anything wrong with TweakTown at all... sure we can knitpick and find something silly, bu the layout is great the info is even better and up to date. All my systems are built based on ratigns from this site.

And I must say out of any forum I've been to you guys have the coolest smilies =)

Comment

well mabye you could do a bit more GUIDES...
                      i tried a lot of guides from you website like the
                      XP improve guides etc... they work great! mabye
                      you guys can make some more of those or that
                      improve other hardware things like the RAM or
                      videocards.

the rest of the website is perfect :)

Lowe..

Comment

The site is kick ass! :p I would not change a thing. All the information is easy to get to from the front page and well organized. The guides for improvements are of great quality and the site is set for my starting page, nothing like having the best latest info at your hands at any time. :D

Comment

ok.... the first thing i noticed, the first day, was that the wallpapers are realy cheap. Ok its not a big deal but it is a rly nice thing to have.
                          Second... in the web like section there shoulf be a links to online hardware stores (for *modding* and good hardware) cuz some ppl dont know where to buy stuff (especialy you dont like in the US)
                          Third... there is not ATI overclocking giude.... and i rly need it. and there could be some more guides
                          Last... A 88x31 link img would be very cool to have so that people can link tt to their website. (example below)

For the rest its a kikass site.... oh, the 728x90 bannner add at the top of the page look rly BAD

Comment

I think this is nice for them to be doing this and yes they are fine the way they are. I like tweakTown and always have liked it. So, it really makes me like it even more.

:flames:

Comment

Wow, how to make something that in all I can see perfect, even better? Well, without reading through everything, I'll just speak my mine here : peace2:

More guides on the best 'tweaks' from Motherboards (IE safe limits, upper limits, max and things you need such as added comps to make it not melt down) to OS to games. I know there are a few guides out there, but some work.

Anything else I can think of would just be nit picking..More smileys are always good :thumb: Free beer would make this the best site ever (yeah I know you cant do that but well it's an idea heh)

Comment

Working...
                              X