Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Lots of pictures in the reviews section and other places dont show up, they end up being blank boxes with the red X.

2. I would love to see a Case Gallery that beats the rest!

3. A game reviews section would be nice, with actual ratings on which game is suit to which style. I know there is already a gaming review section but it mostly covers graphics cards and whatnot. I know that an entire site could be devised to specifically discuss games but this would be a nice touch, also a nice place to show how to use games to benchmark your system.

4. More interesting Tweaktown graphics, dont get me wrong the current ones are incredibly sharp and professional looking, but you can never have enough cool logos and icons and stuff.

5. Being able to scheme the forums with snazzy colors might be interesting. Also, for some reason your smilies in the message to edit section of this forum makes my cursor go crazy, a slight annoyance.

6. And last but not least you could completely revamp and create some awesome flash presentation to blow away the competition. (be careful though, many misuse this power)

Overall, keep up the awesome work!!!! Tweaktown is pimp!
    :devil win :devil win :afro: :devil win :devil win

Comment

The only thing i can think of is adding a quickreply, like on xoxide forums. That makes the life a little easier, especially on 56k!!

Comment

It is great the way it is. You can't really change anything that would make thingsd much better except maybe the idea another guy had about using the same system for testing etc so you can compare test results with past tests.

'Data is not information, Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom.'
        Rico

Comment

I like tweak town alot, I just think you need more awsome hardware reviews, and lots of pics in there too .javascript:smilie(':D')
          javascript:smilie(':D')

Comment

To make TweakTown better, well TweakTown is damn near perfect but here's a few things we could do to make it better. A F.A.Q. Database on Cooling and Overclocking would be nice, because it seems the same questions are being asked. I think that there should be more reviews and guides, but I know that's hard to do at the time. If we could get the Trading Post more popular, it could do tons for the site if it went big, because it's more organized than most Classifieds sites I've been to. The homepage is not exactly 56k friendly, not to me anyway, so that could probably use a little work also. Other than that, TweakTown is perfect in my opinion. :thumb:

EDIT: I was just thinking, and I though a part time Chat room would be cool for the BG, or just one for Live Tech Support, personally, I like the idea for one in the BG better :laugh: I could even volunteer some of my time to help out with the chatroom if it was ever needed.

Comment

First thing I would suggest for you guys to do is to redesign your website. The site looks good but it could look really good with just a few updates.

I also suggest having a requently updated a news section. This would be great because you are expanding your borders with more content to your website. Not only will you be the best hardware reviewers/tweakers/etc, but you will be able to be one of the best computer news websites. Everyone loves one stop web surfing, if they can find all the thing they love at one website, they will only really go there. Also, a better news section could increase the awareness about your website. Nothing sounds better than "We have information that a Tweaktown.com report has found out that computer parts cure AIDS"

The amount of ad on your site is good, and not near the point of annoying. But you might want to look towards advertising yourself if you haven't done so already.

Comment

Not sure if my views count, but here goes, and yes I know some of you have mentioned these already.

1. Personally I think it would be a good idea if the site had a refresh once a year, ATI's recent upgrade is good example of what I mean.
                2. As a news poster I'd like a section where I could post smaller daily news stories, which may be of interest to individuals, rather than the everyone, there are a lot of such stories.
                3. Many of you know that I post links to new programs, drivers, patches, game demos etc, but they're all over the place, it would be great to have a downloads section so everyone knew where to find them.
                4. The ten most popular threads listed on the front page

Just my :2cents:

Comment

I'd like an advance search option so we could determine which forums are searched. All the forums should be on the advanced search page with a check box for including or excluding them from the search. Some help on how the search engine parses the input would be helpful in making our searches more efficient.

Otherwise, TweakTown is just fine.

Comment

Let me start off by saying that this is the most active that I have ever been on any forum. I like the community here and everyone seems to give really good advice. Plus it’s not a constant flame forum. I really like that part. You might consider a section in hardware for the nForce chip set. VIA and SIS have their own. Another category you might consider is one for “tips and tricks”. So when people come across neat things that they would like to share. There’ll be a place for it. Maybe even sub-cat orgies like software and hardware. This might be stretching it a bit but, maybe one on pitfalls. People could give their experiences on things to look out for. All in all it’s a great site with a great forum. I’m glad to be a part of it. Even if I am still a newbie.:cheers:
                    I second weta's suggestion on a news section.

Comment

Well, I really like the site. The reviews seem pretty good and I don't have a lot to complain about. I really like getting an email from your site everytime you post a new review. With these emails, it helps keep me up to date on all the latest hardware:cheers:

The only thing that i don't like all that much is the minimum word length of 4 letters when you search in the forums. I don't know if anything can be done about this or not, but it seems like it should be at least 3 letters minimum. It seems like about 1/3 of the searches I want to do contain a 3 letter word...(AMD, ATI, etc...)

Keep up the good work

Comment

First things that pop in my mind:

1. MORE LANGUAGES: if the sites gets international visitors it should at least be written in spanish,german,italian and french.

2. More Smilies

3. More space for user avatars

4. More contests

5. Opinion articles, not just reviews of stuff, criticism.

6. More technical help for for tech newbies.

7. A Send this article to a friend and a printer friendly version option for articles.

Just my 2 cents.
                        HP Pavilion t720m
                        Audigy ZS
                        Geforce 5600 Ultra
                        2x 80 GIG external drives
                        Cable Modem

Comment

Well one thing for sure I can think of to improve the site is.....

When i try to view the OLD News Items by going to the bootom right corner of the front page and select view ALL. I get NOTHING!!!!

I have pointed this out to Cameron on at least 2 occassions, and it still doesnt work. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am i just from jupiter or something. It doesnt matter whether i look at it from my Mobile, alabama office, or my new orleans office or my home in Pensacola. it always is the same. and thats on 3 different ISP's and 3 different computers with 3 different operating systems.

but the all use IE 6.

Other than that I love the site. I read it almost every day.

I wish you had more reviews by your staff, but i understand you dont have 100 people doing reviews for you. I would also like to see more Roundup reviews. It really helps when making hardware purchasing decisions for my company.

Comment

I think Tweaktown could use a "Classifieds" section where members could trade/sell their good used hardware . People are always looking fo deals for completing that so-called other PC/RIG . Also a "Wanted" section under the same "Classifieds" header would also be good .
                            To help avoid any Trolls , everyone would have to sign up for a "HEATWARE " account before any trading transactions could actually take place .

I also think an "ONLINE DEALS" section would be VERY cool , letting everyone post great or cool deals that are strickly found online for us geeky types :thumb: .

My .02

stereo55
                            * i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 - Evga x58 Tri-SLi
                            * 2x Samsung 410 slim 250's = RAID0 - Samsung F3 1TB - 18gig Mushkin 1333 - Evga 560 x2-SLi - Corsair 1000HX/CM Cosmos 1010 - Windows 7 Ultimate

* XFi Titanium - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel - Soyo 24" - 42" Samsung B450 Plasma
                            * "Random segments of code and ghosts in my machine"
                            Heatware

Comment

Hmm... what can I say to win that awesome prize:drool:

The only thing I can think of that is not a minuscle comment is that the Main site should have a few more reviews and more how-to's, also I think it would be great if a database was integrated so users could search review ( : ou could look for the highest rated video card under $200 from the last 6 months) and you could have a few charts that were updated with (instead of ratings) benchmarks from many of the (staying with the same part) videocards, so that users could look for the fastest, not nessacarily the highest rated.
                              I have one more comment, maybe a new review system with instead of stars a number system from 1-100 with seperate catagories such as:
                              Performance- 91
                              Stability- 85
                              Value- 89

Overall- 88
                              Then in the database that I mentioned above you could be able to search for the (again) videocard with the highest rating in performance, stability, value, or overall.

Well, those are my ideas.

Comment

This is a great website, but I think it would be really nice to have more reviews on hardware. I think it would be great if you guys started something similar to THG did with their VGA charts; and even better if you guys kept it updated with all of the latest benchmarks. It would be nice to have a place that always shows you a roundup of all the latest benchmarks besides THG :).

Yeah, and more tech support in the forums for all the PC noobs out there like me.

Thanks for all the hardwork you guys put in :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X