252MHz WOW. Was it stable? (Nforce2 Roundup - Gigabyte 7NNXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 252MHz WOW. Was it stable? (Nforce2 Roundup - Gigabyte 7NNXP

Nice article. :thumb: What did you have to put the voltage at? How about the memory. What was it running at? Just curious.

huh?

oh, the nforce roundup... ok, i'll put a little note about what your talking about
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. :)

Comment

Sorry, ya that's what I was refering to. Guess I should be a little more specific.
        I would have put this under Reviews and Articles but, it hasn't seen any action for quite a while.

Comment

I ran the DRAM voltage at 3.0v This is why i was able to get such a high rate. This is the only board in the pack at allowed for a large overclock

DRAM was clocked syncronously to the FSB this is why we managed such a feet with such a high voltage

CPU was back clocked to allow the FSB and DRAM to max out rather than the CPU.

Comment

Cool thanks for the info. One more question. What's back clocked? I've never heard the term before.

Comment

I havent read the reviews yet (dont want to look at those awesome #s as my mobo would suck in comparison)
              But I assume that they lowered the multiplier alot to allow for such large FSB increase.

Comment

Well that makes sense. I do the same thing. Just never heard a term for it. Thanks, kane2g :thumb:

Comment

Did you ever have problems with the motherboard starting up right.... Mine turns itself off all the time..... ive check every thinkg but it keeps on crashing on me. I got a vocano 12 heat sink.. dident help changed power supplys dident help, made sure it wasent grounding out, dident help, i removed everything pluged into the power supply execpt the heatsink, hardrive, cd rom drive but it dident help... What the heck is wroung with this mother board? It cost too much money to be jacked up like it is.

Comment

You might want to specify who your asking.

Comment

Working...
                    X