MP3 players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 players?

[font=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have a 1 Gig mp3 player coming from alienware, now most people go for the Ipod[/font]. Does anyone know the latent differences and if so which is better and why?
    Last edited by gibs; 01-17-2006, 07:17 PM.

Re: MP3 players?

I myself have an 20G Ipod, it's not nessicarly much better then any other MP3 player in that it stores files and plays music with good sound; except for I think it's better in a few ways...

1. Simple/good looking design (although I would prefer to have a different cloor then white).
    2. Easy to use scrolling wheel/buttons.
    3. Updates through Itunes, which in my opinion is one of the best audio programs you can have.
    4. Songs are kept in alpabetical order and are easy to find, and even if the band has "The" before its actual name, it will ignore it and go by the first "actual" word. (This may not seem that important, but when you collect as much music as I do it becomes really handy)
    5. Updateing is simple, just drag songs into your iTunes library and it will automatically download them from anywhere on your computer to your iPod once you plug it in. (I recommend keeping all you music in one folder, especially when you have over 4000 songs like me, it can become confuseing)
    6. Available with a variety of attatchments including, a radio transmitter so you can play you entire collection through your ipod into you cars radio/speakers, a charger for in your car, a sterio hookup, cases, speakers etc.
    7. You can store notes such as contact numbers, reminders on a text file and view it on your iPod.
    8. The part of find actually most helpful is just being able to search the Ipod by artist, song, playlist.
    9. There's a few other nicknacks that are helpful but i dont want to get into that.
    Last edited by Brennan; 02-27-2006, 12:58 AM.

Comment

DRM
      Proprietary

Just two little things that will forever keep me from buying an Ipod. While I won't take anything away from the concept of Itunes itself, if I purchase something from them, I want to be able to play it on whatever device Ichoose... NOT just the Ipod.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I had a Sony NW-E507. I returned that thing today. Hahah.

I'm gonna get a Creative Zen Vision M. Hooray for Video.

Comment

The iPod and iTunes are both grossly overrated.

That is all.

Comment

how much did the 1 gig mp3 player cost ya?

Comment

I've been using a compact flash based Frontierlabs NEX II for 5+ years now. i love the thing, sound quality is excellent and its dirt easy to use [i just copy my mp3's to a compact flash card and put the card in the player]. it is old and i did drop the sucker down a flight of stairs a few weeks agao it still works but has a few annoying quirks now, so i replaced it with a 1 GB Sandisk Sansa. The Sansa has been troublesome for me to says the least, one the sound is uneven [or maybe its just too accurate, for example stuff i ripped at high bit rates is way loud and stuff ripped long ago @ 128kbps is much softer which has me hitting the volume control often]. Volume control is odd sometimes a slight turn will put the volume way high and sometimes i can spin the knob several times with no effect. then when i tried tro flash it to fix the volume issue it died. It's on RMA right now [I'm awaiting replacement].

Just thought i would share/vent.. i would've gotten another frontierlabs model but i just didn't like the way the newer ones looked.

Comment

You all forgot to mention that the ipod isnt an mp3 player, it plays acc wmp and other file types so you dont have to decrease the sound quality of the music, mp3 is 124 kbps if i assume correctly. i recomentd the ipod it is just too $$$ for me, i have a 50$ makeshift lexar.

Comment

Originally posted by orangutang91
                  You all forgot to mention that the ipod isnt an mp3 player, it plays acc wmp and other file types so you dont have to decrease the sound quality of the music, mp3 is 124 kbps if i assume correctly. i recomentd the ipod it is just too $$$ for me, i have a 50$ makeshift lexar.
                  iPod only plays mp3 and ACC first off. mp3 doesn't have a set bitrate, it is adjustable depending upon the encoder one uses. Also, orangutang91 please try to keep an eye on thread dates.

Comment

Why should i watch thread dates? mp3 encoders, such as itunes real player and wmp all encodde mp3s @ 124 kbps. soo you will pay through the nose or be a computer nerd to change the bitrate. acc is an importantbecause it comes from the audio disc or whatever with a higher default bitrate, real player doesnt play some of the gorillaz because the acc has a high bitrate. ipods also play audio books which are a different file type than acc or mp3 unless you convert them.

Comment

Working...
                    X