interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interference

Anyone know anything about cell phone interference?

Whenever my cell is exchanging data - during phone calls, whlie its ringing, when txt messages come in and/or go out - and the fone's near my monitor, the monitor wigs out. As do my speakers.

What exactly causes this (i.e. what in the monitor is recieving the interference) and does the interference have any practical or useful applications??

And periodically my cell phone randomly transmits/recieves information while idling (which i know by placing it near my monitor and observing the characteristic interference). What, exactly, is it sending or recieving during these idle transmissions?

Re: interference

RF is generated by just about every electric and electronic device. Things can be shielded against it, but that just adds weight in most cases and always adds to cost, so everyone does the minimal amount of shielding as required by FCC regulations here in the US.

I used to have one of the early edition electronic robots and if it was anywhere near my cell phone, he would start making all kinds of sounds way before the cell phone rang.

Comment

Working...
    X