MP3 Phone Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Phone Playback

My current phone is about 2 or 3 years old and while not flashy is as functional as I should want a phone to be ie: it lets me call people and talk to them. However, I'm in the market for a portable mp3 player and I was wondering if there was a way I could combine the two? As a side note I live in America where we're not allowed to have good cell phones.

Re: MP3 Phone Playback

I'm not sure but I don't think it would be possible to combine a MP3 player with a cell phone. Cell phones only got bout 5mb of memory (well my V300 has 5mb of memory). MP3 file format is the best thing that happened to the audio world but that wouldn't be enough to make a change in cell phones until cell phone starts to have more memory.

Comment

i own a Nokia 6230, which has a 32mb flash memory card, which is simular to the ones used in digital cameras. This is on top of the standard phone memory, which is about 8mb or something...so its about 40mb or so of total memory.

you can put MP3's on it, but to do that from your computer u need a Bluetooth transmitter (about $70AU for a 10m range).. im not sure if you can do it mobile 2 mobile through infrared.

Comment

I have a Nokia N-Gage with a 128mb card put in it which holds around 1 cd of Mp3s or you could buy the 256mb card which holds about 2 cds of Mp3s. The first N-Gage is the one with the inbuilt Mp3 player and i also find the N-Gage very useful for stuff like playing games and transfering data from computer to computer and checking E-Mails. Its the best phone i have had yet. Despitate the fact that evryone cals you a yuppy for a phone that now costs like $250 Aus dollars. Hope that helped.

Comment

nearly every half decent phone these days has MP3 playback support, Bluetooth or infrared and WAP/GPRS. Not sure about the N-Gage, but the 6230 has the 32mb flash memory card, which is very simular to the ones used in digital cameras. If you really want, you can put a 1gb flash card in your phone. (only found out about switching flash cards recently.)

Comment

Yes the N-Gage does have bluetooth, wap and gprs

Comment

Working...
            X