No announcement yet.

How long would it take to get used to PC Gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would it take to get used to PC Gaming?

Ive been playing console since the gamecube came out :P and ive really wanted to start playing on the PC so I can get the full experience out games (Skyrim, Battlfield, ect..) So how long do you think it would take to get used to PC gaming?

Re: How long would it take to get used to PC Gaming?

About 10 minutes if using a keyboard mouse..

Comment

First person games like skyrim,max payne 3 are easier to play using a mouse,you can look around,shoot targets much much faster than if you used a joypad,plus you can buy/use a joypad for gaming games on a pc if needed ect
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

keyboard mappings usually take a minute or two to get used to with some games, once you get used to the familar WASD keys though most games keep the same standard keyboard mappings, and most games give you some sort of on screen prompt when you begin.

The only thing that might take some getting used to is just discovering all the options and things that you are given, sometimes the games give you lots of features which you might not actually find necessary for playing. But this is really separate from what I think you are asking

Comment

Yeah, as most gamers, I started off playing on a console as a child. Overtime graduated to PC as a teen. Ever since, I dont even look twice at console stuff, haha. PC is the way to go. Key setups and keyboard/mouse gameplay is a lot more fluid and natural feeling once you get the hang of it. You may benefit from a lower mouse sensitivity at first.

Comment

I started with pc. I have tried to use a console before, but the only game I could play was GT3. Anything else, and its near-impossible to do anything, becuase controllers are so inaccurate.

Comment

Dont be afriad man jump just JUMP :D
              Actually as others said it will probably go fast, I mean you are typing this on a Pc I presume so you know how to change drivers and all those basic things right ...

Key/Mouse/Gamepad you got it all covered, Pc does em all well and best, so take the plunge and welcome to the real world of gaming as Pc rules :)

When you have learned to play with key/mouse you can't understand how you ever played with a damn gamepad before LOL
              It's the only way to play for me in FPS games and so but sure in say racing/sport/plattformers then of course a nice gamepad is a must.

Btw, my first post here in a very very long time so it feels great to be back boys
              Last edited by MaxFX; 07-02-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Not long. Now that you know the basics of gaming from consoles, you just need to get used to PC controls.

Comment

It took me less than a week to adapt to the mouse and keyboard. Mind you, I was a PC gamer as well as a console gamer years ago, but I stopped PC gaming and turned my attention to consoles only.

Nowadays, I do both and I find PC gaming a lot easier to pick up and play. If problems persist, you can always use a wired Xbox 360 controller or even a wireless one with the receiver and play your PC games that way. Just make sure you check to see if a controller is compatible.

See right now I just got done playing MW2 on the Xbox 360 and I am in a lobby on MW3 on the PC. Other than the mouse giving you better aim, there isn't much difference between the two.
                  affiliate marketing programs

Comment

Working...
                  X