Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tornament 2003 Demo and Your Performance

Hi Dudes

I guess this thread is for all of you guys out there that has played or are fans of UT2003 at the moment.

I'm pretty much just curious about what sort of FPS you guys are hitting with your systems and also if you guys are also playing UT2003 on maxed settings and high resolutions.

Wouldn't mind hear the feedback on how you guys are going with UT2003.... :)

PS:
    How did you guys also go when running Benchmark.exe on all the various resolutions?

Thanx guys.

Damn, I forgot to ask when you guys when you actually play UT2003 what is the average of your FPS in gameplay?

Mine ranges from between 15 to 40 FPS.... :(

PS:
    Also if I play around with my settings, for eg reducing the resolution and also try and max out settings then take the to normal again, I still constantly sit on 15 to 40 FPS when I expected that I would have hit higher FPS.... :(

Comment

Max settings.. fine frame rates ( haven't actually shown the FPS, but it's smooth)

Sad thing is, for the demo they removed the high quality textures, so if it runs bad now, then it'll run worse when the full version comes out

Comment

Well. I have all setting on max and resolution on 1024X768. This is without any kind of AA on. I get average FPS of 35 however there will be an occasional slow down of 25. But I'll also get an occasional burst of 75.

With all settings on max and resolution set to 1024X768 with 4XAA on I get average FPS of about 23 with an occasional slow down to 16FPS and an occasional burst of about 27.

And with what beefy says how the full version is gonna be worse. I need an upgrade! To think doom 3 is gonna get even worse then this!

Comment

Damn, you guys are saying that we are going to need an upgrade. What sort of specs are you dudes running now and what sort of specs do you plan on upgrading to, to be able to run these new games smoothly?

Comment

Well currently my specs are in my sig. But its hard to read them so....

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHz 266MHz FSB
            256MB PC2100 DDR RAM <~~getting a 512 stick soon
            Leadtek Geforce 3TDH.

I think those are the real parts that affect performance eh?

I might do a temporary upgrade to say an AthlonXP 1800+. But then again if the full version runs REALLY bad I may decide to make my "temporary upgrade" a permanent one by getting an XP 2200+ with a Geforce 4 TI4600. Of course I don't want any of those though. I'm really wanted to wait and I will make a real upgrade with Hammer/NV30. This is of course waiting a few weeks/months after it comes out to let the price drop a bit and read reviews and see how everyone is running before I go ahead and buy.

Then again I should wait for Doom 3 and slowly upgrade parts cause once I handle that I think I can handle almost anything for quite a while. I mean to think quake 3 is 3 years old and I am still able to make it run at 4FPS!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
              AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHz 266MHz FSB
              256MB PC2100 DDR RAM <~~getting a 512 stick soon
              Leadtek Geforce 3TDH.

I think those are the real parts that affect performance eh?
              You can't forget about the motherboard aswell dude but yeah the above would be the major components in regards to graphics.

Comment

lol totally forgot about the mobo. didn't even cross my mind anyway as well its in my sig and its the Epox 8KHA+. Sorry about that.

Comment

Hehe nps at all mate.... :)

Comment

1024x768
                    4XAA

:afro:
                    Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Comment

That's nice to see Moose but they don't know what's in your system so how can they compare? :rolleyes2
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hehe Wig.

Yeah Moose so where are your specs dude because you got me curious.... ;)

Comment

OMG MOOSE! Seriously post your hardware. Your over 110FPS with 4x AA on? christ!

Comment

I get about 20 - 25fps in game. Thats with a p4 1.3 gighz, 256 megs of rd-ram, geforce 3 gts and an intel 850 mobo, i think. lol It's a gateway pc :\

Anything I can do to increase performance????

Comment

When it comes to your video card did you mean geforce 2 gts? cause that was in the gefroce 2 family you know? GTS/Pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X