Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yeah, sorry. Geforce 2 GTS

Comment

ok um.......when it comes to store bought computers I don't really know all that much about upgrading/overclocking. I don't really know all the possibilities in there PC"s. Is it at all possible to try and get a new processor? Cause those older P4's were a bit on the slow side. They were outperformed by Pentium 3's when they first came out.

Comment

I've found my motherboard on the www.intel.com site. It's an Intel Desktop Board D850GB.

Is it possible to use the intel bios files on the intel site? I'm thinking gateway changed the motherboard somehow....

Comment

well would the act of opening your PC void any warranty? If not then go ahead and open it and find out what board your running then find out what its capable of and go for it. :thumb:

Comment

Can't say I care about warranties. Flashed mobo bios' files before. Gateway are pretty much non existent here in Ireland now anyway.

So do you know if the Intel Bios would work with the motherboard? or do Gateway modify it somehow?

Comment

gate way and compaq and HP and all those other companies always have there own "special" bioses. Compaq bio's have like nothing in them. They are pretty much limited compared to a more standard PC built by a home user. For sure.

Comment

Thats what I thought....so they only have a modified bios? none of the hardware has been changed? I'm just curious if the board will reject a proper Intel Bios or not.

Thanks for all the help btw :)

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                  when it comes to store bought computers I don't really know all that much about upgrading/overclocking. I don't really know all the possibilities in there PC"s.
                  so I wouldn't know.

Comment

I have a feelin that Moose is a little full of poo in regards to the score that he posted and if he claims that he had 4XAA enabled.

All I have to say is that I would like Moose to prove to us that he did in fact have 4XAA enabled.... :D

Comment

Originally posted by Moose
                      1024x768
                      4XAA

:afro:
                      The specs of my system are:

Athlon XP 1.53 @ 1.72
                      512MB Kingmax DDR
                      Gainward GF4 TI4600 @ 335/760

Comment

lol I would be able to tell cause of the hardware you have but I beleive yuh? Why would you lie? What's you rmobo and type of DDR ram?

Comment

He's usin' a Gigabyte board one step below mine ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                            lol I would be able to tell cause of the hardware you have but I beleive yuh? Why would you lie? What's you rmobo and type of DDR ram?
                            *sigh*

Yet another person that refuses to believe that another person in this world has better hardware than them.

I mean seriously, my specs are not totally outrages, A LOT of people have higher spec'd machines than I do.

Mainboard = Gigabyte 7VTXE+
                            RAM = Kingmax PC2700

Comment

So, how do i test my performance in this demo?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose
                                *sigh*

Yet another person that refuses to believe that another person in this world has better hardware than them.

I mean seriously, my specs are not totally outrages, A LOT of people have higher spec'd machines than I do.

Mainboard = Gigabyte 7VTXE+
                                RAM = Kingmax PC2700
                                Hey Moose I lost track of this thread. I never said I didn't beleive you. I do beleive you. My comptuer is a year old. sheesh

_________

The__tweaker you should see a program called benchmark in the system directory of ut2003. That's what we have been using.s

Comment

Working...
                                X