Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Vietnam prob!!!

hey guys!

up until a few days ago I was using Cat 4.7 with my 9800 Pro and everything including BFV was running sweet! well anyway I updated to 4.8 (as you do) and then when I went to play BFV I get the old "BFV has performed am illegal operation" message so I thought! ****! went back to 4.7 and still get the message when I go to play. I've reloaded BFV twice with all it's patchs but it's still stuffed! is my only alternative to reload windows or is there a fix for this pain in the @ss?

thanks!

Re: Battlefield Vietnam prob!!!

You need to uninstall old Catalysts before upgrading to new or different ones. I would suggest you read the ATI Catalyst installation guide at www.tweakguides.com.

Comment

I did dude! I even used a guide that shows registry entries to delete after un-installing Cat drivers! I've used this method countless times with no problems!

Comment

Try other games beofre even considering to reinstall Windows. If it's just BF: Vietnam, you can certainly fix this.

Try different Catalyst versions and try Omegas, properly uninstalling each driver you try if it doesn't work, of course.

Comment

tried the last 3 Omega's and cats..... still no good other games run fine it's just BFV

Comment

Completely(delete the whole directory) unintalling and reinstalling BF:V is the only thing i can think of. Try playing it without the latest patch, too.

Comment

thanks dude but I've tried all that .....format next! stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
              X