Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOOM III specs??

Re: DOOM III specs??

The only thing I would suggest for longevity is another 512 stick of ram otherwise Doom III is going down as one of the most adaptable games on the market. It can be played by almost anyone who owns a decent computer.

Comment

I'm guessing a regular (non-GT, non-Ultra) 6800 is too expensive for you, so a 9800 Pro or 9800XT. Other than that, you're pretty much good. Another 512MB of RAM would help, but won't be necessary or as important as a new card. It's a very GPU-intensive game.

Comment

so i need anuva 512 and ill start lookin for the, 9800XT 256mb, XT is better than pro right? cheers for ya help

EDIT
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------
        hey guys look at these cards, which 1 is for me http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...00_Series.html

which 1 shall i get, i mean like, wots def worth the money, cheers ur great help :P
        Last edited by louinike; 08-05-2004, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Well the 6800s don't seem to be out out of your range
          Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Comment

Last edited by louinike; 08-06-2004, 10:41 AM.

Comment

It's hardly a comparison. The 6800 is much faster than the 9800XT, especially in Doom 3. Even with less memory, it'll be better in games.

Comment

Doom 3: Why is Radeon X800 Series behind GeForce6? Article at 3DCenter

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

While more memory isn't a bad thing, the GeForce 6 series of cards is a whole 'nother class than the Radeon 9x00 np/Pro/XT lineup. That's what the Radeon X800 line is for. The Radeon 9800 is like a Corvette. It's still a nice and fast card, but compared to a Lamborgini, the Lambo beats the crap outta the corvette. With the Lambo being the 6800. The graphics chip is much, much more important than the amount of RAM on the card.

Comment

Working...
                  X