need for speed 3 on xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need for speed 3 on xp

does anyone know how to get need for speed 3 hot pusuit to work on windows xp. i have tried compatiblity mode and looked on goolge for a patch or something but couldnt find anything.
    can anyone help??

Nope, I'm pretty sure that the game is broken on Windows XP. I've tried to get it working, but had no luck.

Well, knowing EA, they aren't going to change that anytime soon.

Comment

it's not broken, you just need a patch. patch the game and it will work just fine :)

it's been a while since I played it, but I did when I first moved to XP and had the same problem. There is a patch out there somewhere, you've just got to find it ;)

Comment

A patch? When was it released? I haven't seen such a thing.

Must have been recently.

Comment

i spent bout an hour looking for the patch and couldnt find it. anyone have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by SearanoX
            A patch? When was it released? I haven't seen such a thing.

Must have been recently.
            recently? no, it was at least 2 years ago

and no, i no longer have the link for it, sorry :( although I my still have the file around here somewhere on a backup cd. If i can find it I will host it temporaily

Comment

thanks for the help so far minibubba

Comment

YES,MY DRUGGIES YOU CAN PLAY NFS3 WITH XP!
                USE THE COMPATABILITY PROGRAM,MANUALY SEARCH FOR PROGRAM TO BE USED,BROWS YOUR NFS3 CD,GO TO THE FOLDER SETUP USE THE SETUP.EXE,IN THIS FOLDER TO RUN THE COMPATIBILITY ON.THIS WILL WORK FINE.
                GOOD GAMING MY DRUGGIES!

Comment

it still doesnt work with compatibility mode for me that was the first thing i tried.
                  also you may want to turn caps lock off cos your post was fairly hard to read because of the caps

Comment

Thats odd. NFS3 installed fine on my XP Home (no compatability needed, no nothin) and it runs great, but the graphics that are in that game, which is getting old, dont look good to me anymore, like compared to Hot Pursuit 2 and Underground, NFS3 looks like s**t.

Comment

how long ago did you buy your NFS 3?
                      if it was recently (within the last 2 years or so) then you will probably have the windows xp patch as part of the installer, i dont because i got the game when it was first released

Comment

Re: need for speed 3 on xp

NFS 3 installed on my XP Pro system fine but only after buying a new computer and installing it BEFORE installing directx 9. After it was installed I had to install directx 9 for a capture device and now though NFS 3 still runs the video is a bit jittery where it wasnt under directx 8. Before buying this new computer I had tried installing onto an XP Pro computer that had long had directx 9 installed before the NFS 3 install. I was unable to get it to run at all on that machine even with using compatability. I love NFS 3 and am happy to have it in but if possible depending how badly you want NFS 3 on your computer you might try a fresh install of XP and put NFS 3 in before grabbing directx 9.

Just a thoght as it seems to have worked for me, good luck.

Comment

Forgot to mention my copy was one of the earlier versions as well.

Comment

theres no way im reformating again i only did it about 2 months ago.
                            im gonna put 98 onto my second computer wheni get the chance, ive been meanin to do it for ages but havent had the chance.
                            damn i want to play it again, its one of my favorite in the nfs series

Comment

NFS:Hot Pursuit (NFS3) works fine on my XP Pro rig. Wierd.. High Stakes requires some wierd tweaking, but that's the only one.. Do you have the latest patch for NFS3? (if there was one, i forget).

Comment

Working...
                              X