need for speed 3 on xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need for speed 3 on xp

ive seen that the new budget version of the game has a patch for xp but noone anywhere has ever heard of a patch.
    if anyone knows where to find the patch please let me know

Comment

nfs3 xp version £2.91 at Tesco

Tesco (UK supermarket) is currently selling the win xp compatable version of nfs3 hot pursuit for £2.91. Brings back some fond menories. Just picked it up yesterday (30th July). Works great on my 1.7 Gig laptop through a projector. My wife and I were chasing each other round for hours. The only game I can get her to play (on the computer! heh heh)

Comment

im not paying 3 quid to get the game to work when ive already paid 30 for it.
        is there any way you could get the exe file on the net so that i could grab a copy of it?
        i think its only the exe needed for xp compatibilty, not sure though

Comment

I know this is a little late, but I found this thread when I was googling because NFS3 didn't wanna run on my XP Pro.

A friend of mine found a solution after I've given up.

Check this page.
          "NFS 3 to run on windows 2000 and XP."

Direct download link.

I did as told and it runs like a charm!
          I've raced a couple of laps with the Ferrari 355 (I think it was) and I now realize this is the best racing game of eternity!

Comment

Hi y'all, try this link...

RejZoR - Need for Speed 3 Vista Edition

It works fine for me on Windows 7 !!!

Still a great game, very playable, love the two player split screen option ( wish more games had that ) , some great track designs with short cuts and jumps, very very memorable game.. playing again brings back good memories.... but it plays a lot better than plenty of more recent race games with 'ultra realistic' graphics... the whole design of this game from menus, music, tracks, cars, colours...everything..energetic and fun and doesn't take itself too seriously.. future game developers please take note of this classic! Have fun ! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X