Yay, Steel Battalion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, Steel Battalion

Yay, my copy of Steel Battalion is on it's way. I'm psyched, this game is just so insane (i've seen it in action before). Imagine, the most realistic simulation of piloting a mech. Nothing else compares. Check out these screenshots:

edit: Link removed because I wanted my webspace back.

Plus the controller is awesome. Check this out:

edit: image removed because I wanted my webspace back.

Over 40 buttons. You use this thin to actually pilot the mech. Each button has a use. For example, lets say you're hit by another mech's misile and you have sparks in the ****pit, there's a fire extinguisher. Annother example is, say you've taken damage and your mech's about to explode, you have to hit the eject button. The eject button has a clear plastic cap on it, and lights up. Flip the cap and hit the button before your mech explodes or you have to start your whole campain over, cause you're dead. Crazy

A full review by ign is here:
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/378/378622p1.html

Too bad I can't play it yet. Unfortunately I broke my wrist snowboarding, and this is a 2 handed game.

Later

Dude almost makes me want to buy an x-box. :wow: Oh well i'm happy with my ps2 graphics aren't that far behind and loads more games:afro:

Comment

It's crazy, this game single handedly (sp?) saved the x-box in Japan. I'll post what I can when I can play it.

Comment

I wish they would start selling the white japanese x-box's over here they look sweet. Anyone know when Halo is comeing out on P.C.:devil:

Comment

They said this summer, in the US anyway. Even though I own Halo for the X-Box, I'm still getting it for the PC because of the internet play.

Comment

Oh can't wait. Will there be any improvements. :devil:

Comment

Whats the controller worth?

Comment

The controller itself, i don't know. But the total package was $199 US. Definetly not for the people that play games only once in a great while. Having seen it in action, and the fact that Steel Battalion 2 will use the controller and have online play, makes it totally worth it in my eyes. Plus the game is just bad ass.

Comment

does anyone else here think halo was a bit short?(on easy that is). And, Steel Batallion looks like a beast of a game. you'll have to post when it arrives, or else lol;)

Comment

Easy mode is for *****'s. Go for the hardest and a game somehow seems longer:cheers: Maybe this would be better off in a seperate thread rather than changing the subject in this one hmm devildude :D
                    Anyone got there hands on steel battalion yet. if so post a review:cheers:

Comment

I'm just saying it's a bit short on Easy, and I've completed about 60% of it on all of the other dificulties. I don't play it loads any more though. It's a lot of fun for making those warthogs fly though.

Comment

Yeah i got ya. Btw don't take the ***** thing seriously i have a worped sense of humour(something about being droped on the head as a young lad) oh well.So how bout it devildude start a halo thread.

Comment

Oh yeah, I did get my copy of Steel Battalion two days after i posted here. I haven't been able to play it yet. My arm is still in a cast but, I only have 2 more days in that cast. When the cast is off, Steel Battalion's on.

Here's what I can show you though. First, the packaging. Capcom really went through great lengths to make this a "simulation". So much, the packaging is made up to be a military box. Check it out.

Unfortunately, i don't have a digicam, so I jacked this pic off of an ebay auction.

Then I opened it up, first thing I saw was the game itself. Packaged in a normal green X-Box case. Nothing much to see there.

There was also documentation. Such as a small manilla envelope with a cuople of stickers that were the serial number. Also a page of instructions on how to assemble the controller.

Lastly there was an instruction manual on how to operate your Vertical Tank. It was written as if you were actually in the military and being traned to operate one of these things. Like a training document.

Lastly, there is the controller. It comes in 3 pieces. I'm not even going to attempt to unpack it or put it together untill my arm is cast free. So, that's all I have for now. I'll report back in a week or so.

Later

Comment

very cool. looking good so far!

Comment

One hell of a nice package. Capcom have done a good job:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X